It’s the simple joys in life, like the tradition of beautiful gifted boxes of candy, that I cherish, especially during the holidays. When it comes to toffee, Enstrom takes the cake… and butter too! It’s truly one of our family’s favorite signature holiday treats. It’s been one of our holiday traditions for many years and we have countless fond memories with Enstrom. It’s without a doubt one of the most gourmet and delicious toffees in existence, and the packaging makes it the perfect gift. Last year we created a caramel apple gift box with Enstrom and this year I used their toffee to make the most decadent chocolate toffee cupcakes!
Each chocolate cupcake has a piece of Enstrom Almond Toffee baked right into the middle. It melts throughout the cupcake, creating a delicious toffee flavor in the chocolatey cake. The cupcakes are rich in flavor, but light and airy in texture. We added a classic, very simple buttercream frosting and then garnished each cupcake with another piece of delectable, crunchy toffee. The toffee adds the perfect amount of buttery flavor and crunch to the cupcake.
These chocolate toffee cupcakes are perfect as gifts for the holidays too, and paired with a beautiful box of Enstrom Almond Toffee, you can’t go wrong!
For the frosting, I wanted something that would compliment the toffee and not overtake the flavor. So we made a three-ingredient whipped buttercream that’s so simple to make! Just beat two sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature, in an electric mixer, with two cups confectioners sugar and two teaspoons of vanilla. Whip until it’s light and fluffy in texture and use it immediately to frost the cupcakes.
I used the easiest method ever to frost the cupcakes. Anyone can do this! You just take a small cookie scooper and scoop one ball of frosting onto the top of the cupcake. That’s it! Then add a piece of toffee to the top and you have a beautifully decorated and frosted cupcake that only took a few seconds to frost!
I hope you enjoy these chocolate toffee cupcakes as much as we do and that they become a part of your holiday tradition! And for the best toffee ever, you can order Enstrom from their site. The peppermint bark, toffee popcorn and dark chocolate toffee are three of our favorites. Enjoy and stay charming!
Please let us know if you make these Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting! We would love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions!
This post is sponsored by Enstrom.
Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
- 6 ounces water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 6 ounces buttermilk
- 3 large organic eggs
- 4 1/2 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Boil the water in a sauce pan. Move from heat, add in cocoa powder whisking with a hand whisk constantly until the cocoa is melted. You might need to put it back on the burner for a minute. It’s easy to burn, so watch closely. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, sugar) in a mixing bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients (eggs, oil, buttermilk) into a separate bowl. I add them in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while mixer is on medium. Mix until combined.
- Scrape in the melted chocolate and mix until combined. The batter is a little thin, but don’t worry it bakes up nicely!
- Pour the batter evenly into a lined cupcake tin and add in a small piece of Enstrom Toffee to each cupcake batter.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes until the cupcakes are not jiggly in the center.
- Let the cupcakes cool before adding the frosting.