A delicious, gingery twist on Brazi’s most popular libation, the caipirinha. This ginger caipirinha recipe is an easy cocktail and made with only 4 ingredients!
For this Ginger Caipirinha, we used Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer with lime, sugar and the Brazilian liquor cachaça. We also garnished it with homemade candied ginger!
How to Make a Ginger Caipirinha
Table of Contents
This is a very easy Caipirinha Recipe to make! In addition to the cocktail recipe, read below to see how we make candied ginger!
- Chunks of limes
- Crabbies Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- First, muddle lime wedges in a glass with sugar.
- Next, add in cachaça and Crabbies Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer
See the full recipe below!
What is the difference between a mojito and caipirinha?
A mojito is a Cuban cocktail made with rum, mint, lime, and sugar. A caipirinha is a Brazilian drink made with a special spirit called Cahaça. However, the main difference is the spirit used in the cocktail.
What is Cachaça?
Cahaça is a spirit made from fermented sugarcane. It’s fruity and sweet with a little spice. In Brazil, it’s used in their famous caipirinhas. If compared to other spirits it would be like a clear rum.
Serving for a Party
If you’re hosting a party make a caipirinha recipe station!
Set out some lime wedges, sugar, cold Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer, candied ginger and cachaça and you instantly have a fun drink station!
Furthermore, add some tropical flowers to the table because even though you’re not physically in Rio, we can only imagine the lush beauty of it!
In addition to flowers, we also hung some tropical ferns on the wall!
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love!
Let us know if you make this ginger Caipirinha by leaving a comment and review below!
The Best Ginger Caipirinha
- 6 chunks of limes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce cachaça
- 2 ounces Crabbies Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- 10 oz ginger thinly sliced and peeled
- 5 cups sugar
- 7 cups water
For the caipirinha
- Muddle 6 lime wedges (1 1/2 lime) in a glass with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Add in 1 ounce cachaça and 2 ounces Crabbies Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- Peel and thinly slice the ginger (about 1/8 inch thick)
- Boil the ginger in a pot for about 20 minutes until soft
- strain the ginger and add 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar in a pot
- boil the ginger again for 1 hour until large, thick bubbles appear, watch carefully so it doesn’t overboil
- once the ginger is soft and gummy like, remove from heat, cover and let it sit overnight in the mixture.
- strain the ginger, pour into a bowl and add 1 more cup of sugar to coat the ginger.