This watermelon punch cocktail is perfect for a summer cookout! Made with simple ingredients and tequila, it’s sure to cool you down!
Watermelon is the quintessential summer fruit. As soon as watermelons hit the stores, I snag a few! Not only are beneficial to your health, but there are also so many amazing recipes you can make with watermelon, sweet or savory!
This cocktail is an easy, sweet watermelon cocktail punch that everyone will love. It’s perfect for a summer gathering and BBQ!
How to Pick Out the Perfect Watermelon
We go through many watermelons in our house, and I’ve gotten good at choosing a watermelon! Yes, I’m the one knowing about the watermelons at the store!
- A ripe watermelon will have a creamy yellow resting spot on it. Called the field spot, where it rests on the ground. You want a watermelon with a yellow spot (not white) this means it is ripe.
- The watermelon should sound hollow.
- A ripe watermelon should feel heavy for its size…
How do you make watermelon juice?
- Slice a whole, seedless watermelon and remove the rind.
- Add the slices into a powerful blender and puree until liquid.
- Place a cheesecloth in a strainer and place over a bowl. You can also use a fine mesh strainer, but I still like to add cheesecloth over it for a very fine strain.
- Pour the watermelon juice into the strainer and let the juice drain into the bowl.
- This will remove all of the thickness from the watermelon and leave you with fresh juice!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Check out our guide to learn more about making Homemade Watermelon Juice.
How to Make a Watermelon Cocktail Punch
- To make a watermelon cocktail punch, pour watermelon juice into a punch bowl.
- Make a simple syrup by adding 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a saucepan and simmer until the sugar is melted. Let it cool.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (recipe below) and stir.
- Slice half of the watermelon into slices to garnish the punch.
- Add the ice and watermelon slices right before serving.
- Serve with a ladle, and enjoy!
What else can I do with watermelon juice?
Watermelon is a very versatile fruit. It can be used in savory or sweet dishes. Great for cocktails or appetizers!
- Make watermelon ice cubes with watermelon juice – So easy. Just pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Make watermelon popsicles – we love these watermelon tequila pops!
- Watermelon ice cream floats!
- Watermelon lemonade is great for summer!
- Serve it with a splash of vodka and club soda.
Quick tip – you can also use rum instead of tequila for a watermelon rum punch!
If you like watermelon as much as we do, try some of these fun recipes!
More Punch Recipes
Need more party punch ideas? Try these!
What are the benefits of eating watermelon?
Watermelon is a healthy fruit. It’s high in water content but still delivers
- Keeps you hydrated, which is always good when drinking alcohol.
- Contains antioxidants and vitamin C
- Lower inflammation
- Great for skin and hair!
If you make this watermelon cocktail punch, let us know by leaving a comment and review below! Also, tag us on social @sugarandcharm! Cheers!
Watermelon Cocktail Punch
- 6 cups watermelon juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 6 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 1/8 cup Cointreau
- To make watermelon juice, cut a whole watermelon into chunks with the rind removed.
- Add the watermelon chunks into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Drape a cheesecloth over a strainer with a bowl below and pour the watermelon juice onto the cheesecloth. The bowl below will catch just the juice, leaving any thickness behind to throw away.
- Add all of the ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add ice when ready to serve and garnish with watermelon slices.