This watermelon cocktail punch is perfect for a summer cookout! Made with simple ingredients and tequila, it’s sure to cool you down!
How to Pick Out the Perfect Watermelon
We go through a lot of watermelon in our house and I’ve gotten good at choosing a watermelon! Yes, I’m the one knowing on the watermelons at the store!
- A ripe watermelon will have a creamy yellow resting spot on it. Called the field spot, where it rests on the ground. You want a watermelon with a yellow spot (not white) this means it ripe.
- The watermelon should sound hollow.
- A ripe watermelon should feel heavy for its size…
- The brown
How do you make watermelon juice?
- Slice a whole, seedless watermelon and remove the rind.
- Add the slices into a powerful blender and puree until liquid.
- Place a cheesecloth in a strainer and place over a bowl. You can also use a fine mesh strainer, but I still like to add cheesecloth over it for a very fine strain.
- Pour the watermelon juice into the strainer and let the juice drain into the bowl.
- This will remove all of the thickness from the watermelon and leave you with a fresh juice!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How to Make Watermelon Punch
- Pour watermelon juice into a punch bowl.
- Make a simple syrup by adding 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a sauce pan and simmer until the sugar is melted, let it cool.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (recipe below) and stir.
- Slice half of a watermelon in slices to garnish the punch.
- Add the ice and watermelon slices right before serving.
- Serve with a ladel and enjoy!
What else can I do with watermelon juice?
Watermelon is a very versatile fruit. It can be used in savory or sweet dishes. Great fro cocktails or appetizers!
- Make watermelon ice cubes with watermelon juice – So easy, just pour into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Make watermelon popsicles – we love these watermelon tequila pops!
- Watermelon ice cream floats!
- Watermelon lemonade is great for summer!
- Serve it with a splash of vodka and club soda.
Quick tip – you can also use rum instead of tequila for a watermelon rum punch!
If you like watermelon as much as we do, try some of these fun recipes!
What are the benefits of eating watermelon?
Watermelon is a healthy fruit. It’s high in water content, but still delivers
- Keeps you hydrated, which is always good when drinking alcohol.
- Contains antioxidants and vitamin C
- Lower inflammation
- Great for skin and hair!
If you make this watermelon punch, let us know by leaving a comment and review below! Also tag us on social @sugarandcharm! Cheers!
Watermelon Cocktail Punch
- 6 cups watermelon juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 6 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 1/8 cup Cointreau
- To make watermelon juice, cut a whole watermelon into chunks with the rind removed.
- Add the watermelon chunks into a blender and blend until liquid.
- Drape a cheesecloth over a strainer with a bowl below and pour the watermelon juice onto the cheesecloth. The bowl below will catch just the juice, leaving any thickness behind to throw away.
- Add all of the ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add ice when ready to serve and garnish with watermelon slices.