It doesn’t get more refreshing and delicious than fresh watermelon juice! Easy to make and the perfect alternative to an alcoholic cocktail. This pink and invigorating fruit juice is perfect for summer days and parties!
Have you ever made fresh-squeezed watermelon juice? It’s a little more time consuming than just juicing an orange or lemon, but it tastes so refreshing and it’s worth the extra steps : ) I made some Saturday morning for myself and Zan and we both loved it. It’s a good alternative to a cocktail and the perfect summer drink, especially for the 4th of July! Read below on how to make some for yourself!
How To Make Fresh Watermelon Juice – Step By Step
- Dice a small watermelon into cubes
- In a food processor or blender, puree the watermelon until it’s a juice-like consistency. You want it to be thin enough to strain through a strainer, so blend for a while. You can also use a spoon to help push the juice through the strainer.
- Strain the juice into a bowl and pour into ice-filled glasses
What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking Watermelon Juice?
Not only is fresh watermelon delicious, but it also has a number of health benefits. Here are a few:
- Helps You Hydrate.
- Contains Nutrients and Beneficial Plant Compounds.
- Contains Compounds That May Help Prevent Cancer.
- Improve Heart Health.
- May Lower Inflammation and Oxidative Stress.
- Help Prevent Macular Degeneration.
- May Help Relieve Muscle Soreness.
Fresh Watermelon Juice – A Great Alternative To A Cocktail
Not everyone is after a boozy tipple at parties, so it’s great to cover all bases with some nonalcoholic alternatives to cocktails.
This fresh watermelon juice is perfect! With its vibrant colors and invigorating taste, it’s a real crowd pleaser!
How Long Will Watermelon Juice Last?
This delicious pulp-free juice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. If freezing, leave 3/4 to an inch of room in the top of the jar for expansion.
Watermelon juice will store in the back of the freezer for 30-60 days.
Top Tips For Fresh Watermelon Juice
- Make sure you buy the best fruit you can afford, ideally organic.
- Make sure you puree the fruit until it has a juice like consistency.
- Use a spoon to push the juice through the strainer.
- Serve over ice.
Check Out These Other Great Fruit Juice Recipes
Pink Lady Skinny Detox Power Juice by Wicked Good Kitchen
Green Juice Recipe by Show Me The Yummy
If you have tried this fresh watermelon juice recipe or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!