A refreshing honeydew lemonade recipe with homemade lemonade and fresh-pressed honeydew. It’s perfect for sipping in spring and summer!
Can we please just praise honeydew for a minute? The taste of a sweet, juicy honeydew is so nostalgic to my summer days growing up. Honeydew just screams sunshine and summer, but for some reason it seems to be a little underrated, right?
Why is it always the last fruit left on a fruit platter, when it’s actually so good?! I think the Honeydew is far better than its cantaloupe cousin. It smells so good and goes perfectly with fresh lemonade.
In Los Angeles, we have Meyer lemon trees, which are absolutely delicious! I look forward to picking those up every year.
Honeydew Lemonade Recipe
Table of Contents
I’ve been making the most delicious lemonade recipe for years! It’s very light and not too sweet, which is nice. The addition of the honeydew adds so much flavor and makes it incredibly summery refreshing, with the subtle melon flavor.
This recipe only uses four ingredients which is nice. Juicing the honeydew takes about 5 minutes but overall this recipe is very simple to make. It can also be altered to add as much sugar, lemon juice, or honeydew as you prefer.
Ingredients in Honeydew Lemonade
- Lemon Juice
Once the lemonade is made, add it to the pitcher, then juice the honeydew. I love the flavor the honeydew adds to the lemonade.
It tastes like summer in a glass. Honeydew and lemon really complement each other with their flavor profiles and are so refreshing and tasty together!
How to Make Honeydew Juice
There are two simple ways to make honeydew juice. If you have a juicer at home you can use that and follow the directions below.
If you have a blender, cube the honeydew removing the rind. Blend at high speed until it’s liquid and then strain through a mesh sieve to remove the solids.
For the juicer, cut the honeydew in half and then cut the rind off and cut out the middle seeds. You can cube it or slice it, depending on your juicer.
A juicer is one of those appliances I never liked keeping around because they were so big and bulky, but over the years they’ve become smaller, which is great!
Frequently Asked Questions about Honeydew
Is honeydew good for you?
Honeydew is good for you! It’s rich in potassium and other vitamins and promotes healthy skin.
What does honeydew taste like?
It’s similar to cantaloupe but honeydew is sweeter. I also love to think it has light notes of sweet honey!
Why is honeydew called honeydew?
Honeydew is the American name for this melon. In Southern France, they call it White Antibes and in parts of China, they’re known as Bailan melons.
Isn’t this a great drink for a garden party, spring baby shower or picnic?
More Recipes You’ll Love!
If you make our honeydew lemonade recipe, let us know in the comments below!
Honeydew Lemonade Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 3/4 cup sugar , granulated
- 6 cups water, dived into 4 cups and 2 cups
- 1 cup honeydew juice, fresh
- In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar and 2 cups of water to a simmer until the sugar melts.
- While the sugar is melting, squeeze the fresh lemons until you reach 1 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Using a juice or a blender, make 1 cup fresh honeydew juice. If blending, cut the honeydew into large cubes, removing the rind. Then blend at high speed until it's liquid. Strain through a mesh sieve.
- In a pitcher, add in the lemon juice, 4 cups cold water, sugar mixture, and 1 cup fresh honeydew.
- Stir to mix, add slices on lemons and ice when you're ready to serve.
- If you want to make this the day before a gathering, do not add the ice. Just put the lemonade in the refrigerator and wait to add ice before serving OR add the ice to each glass.