The easiest and best homemade lemonade recipe! It’s so easy to make, lightly sweetened and perfectly tart. Perfect for a hot summer day! This easy recipe uses only 3 simple ingredients, fresh squeezed lemon juice, water and sugar. It will be your favorite lemonade recipe with lemon juice!
Check out all of our favorite lemon recipes too!
Lemonade is a classic drink that’s made around the world. It consists of fresh lemon juice, water, and sugar. The best lemonade is lightly sweetened and made with fresh-pressed lemons.
It’s a sweet spring and summertime drink that’s nostalgic to warm summer days and celebrations. It’s bright and has a vibrant lemon flavor.
If you’re hosting an outdoor gathering, check out our lemonade stand for adults! It’s a great entertaining idea!
The other great thing about lemonade is that you can use it to create other delicious recipes! We make the best lemonade popsicles and even a lemonade margarita!
How do you make lemonade from scratch?
It’s very simple! You will need a citrus squeezer and a medium saucepan as well as measuring cups.
- Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice – About 5 lemons will give you 1 cup juice.
- Water – Filtered is best.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar.
Squeeze enough lemon juice for the recipe.
Next, in a saucepan combine 3 cups of water and 3/4 cup sugar.
Then, heat on medium only until the sugar has melted, then let it cool.
In a pitcher add the lemon juice and 1 cup water. Pour in the sugar water and mix.
Lastly, let the mixture cool in the refrigerator. It taste best when it’s nice and cold!
Serve with ice and slices of lemons.
Easy Lemonade Recipe with Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is the best way to to sweetened the tartness of the lemons. It’s very easy to make as you just add it in a saucepan with water and let it simmer until the sugar has melted.
If you’re making this recipe with honey, you will also need to melt the honey down with water before adding it to the lemon juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you think of citrus juice, you would automatically assume it’s the name of the fruit with juice at the end. For example, orange juice or pineapple juice. However, when juice from the fruit is mixed with sugar and water it becomes something different like limeade and lemonade. That is the drink form.
Lemon Juice on its own is too tart to drink and needs to be mixed with other ingredients. However, this lemonade recipe with lemon juice is made with sugar and water making it a light and refreshing drink.
Depending on what sugar you use to sweeten it, it can be considered a healthy drink. If you use a natural sweetener or honey lemonade is healthy to drink. Lemon juice promotes hydration and has a good amount of vitamin c.
It will last 7-9 days in the refrigerator.
Different Types of Lemons
There are several types of lemons and they all of a unique flavor! At our house, we grow Meyer lemons and Eureka lemons. Meyer has a sweeter taste to them and they are really juicy! Eureka is your standard, super yellow lemons with a tart lemon flavor. No mater what lemons you use this lemonade recipe with lemon juice will be your favorite!
Sweeteners for Homemade Lemonade
There are several sweeteners you can use to make lemonade. Here are a few options that you can try.
- Granulated Sugar – This is the most popular and traditional way of making lemonade.
- Stevia – If you want to make a recipe with low sugar, stevia is a great, natural source to sweeten.
- Honey – This is one of my favorite sweeteners when making lemonade.
- Brown Sugar – Another unique sweetener is brown sugar which is sometimes used recipes in Northern Ireland.
How do you sweeten lemonade naturally?
Try using honey, stevia or Truvia to sweetened lemonade naturally.
Lemonade Recipes You’ll Love
Recipes Made with Lemonade
Let us know if you make this homemade lemonade recipe by leaving a comment and review below!
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup lemon juice , fresh-squeezed only
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Squeeze enough lemon juice for the recipe.
- In a saucepan combine 3 cups of water and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Heat on medium only until the sugar has melted, then let it cool.
- In a pitcher add the lemon juice and 1 cup water. Pour in the sugar water and mix.
- Let the mixture cool in the refrigerator. It tastes best when it’s nice and cold!
- Serve with ice and slices of lemons.