This is lemonade margarita is so tasty and so easy to make. It only has 3 ingredients and can be made ahead of time, it’s a simple yet perfect party cocktail. It really is the best margarita recipe!
I love sipping on a good margarita when it’s a beautiful, sunny day, but sometimes margaritas can be a pain to make because of all the ingredients.
There’s also an art to making a good one, as they tend to be either too sweet or too sour. So I simplified the margarita and just added tequila to lemonade.
Surprisingly it tasted like the margarita I love getting at a few of my favorite Mexican restaurants! Using my own homemade lemonade, a salted rim, a dash of lime juice and some tequila, I have an amazing version of a margarita!!
The other great thing about this cocktail, if you’re entertaining, is that you can prepare everything before so you’re not muddling, shaking or mixing during your party.
Just make your lemonade, cut your limes and salt the rims of your glasses before your guests arrive. Then set everything on a tray and let your guests make their own! Read more for the recipe…
How To Make Lemonade Margarita
- Salt the rim of your glass, pour in lemonade, tequila and squeeze a lime wedge. Stir and then top with ice. You can use a shaker if you want, but to make it easier you don’t have to.
- Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add in the freshly squeezed lemon juice and pour it into a heatproof glass pitcher. Refrigerate until cold. You can make this the day before you serve your guests!
The Perfect Margarita For Summer Parties
Margaritas are light, zesty and refreshing, making them perfect party thirst quenchers, especially in summer.
This simple lemonade margarita is even more party-ready because it only has 3 ingredients. Not only that but you can make them ahead of time, so less fuss when the party is on!
How To Rim Your Glass
Some cocktails call for you to rim the glass and margaritas are a classic example. Rimming the glass is easy and adds an exciting twist to the drink. You can use a rimming dish, but a normal plate will do just fine. Here are the steps:
- Moisten the rim of the glass.
- Turn the glass upside down and dip it in the water on your plate.
- Then, dip the glass into salt on a shallow plate.
- Some bartenders recommend twisting the glass to get more on the rim. Not twisting will result in fewer ingredients on the rim, but that might be a good thing.
BEST TEQUILA FOR MARGARITAS
Here are a few of our favorite tequilas. You can purchase these at any beverage store and at most grocery stores. Similarly, they’re all affordable and good quality.
Casamigos Blanco Tequila – Crisp with hints of vanilla. It’s a very good tequila to sip too.
Espolòn Reposada Tequila Blanco or Gold
El Destilador Silver Tequila – Very affordable
Tips For Lemonade Margarita
- To get accurate measurements, use a jigger or an ounce measuring cup.
- Look for the same qualities you enjoy in a sipping or shooting tequila when picking your margarita tequila.
- Use medium or coarse salt.
- Use big, solid ice cubes and avoid crushed or hollow ice.
Check Out These Other Delicious Margarita Recipes
Raspberry Lemonade Margaritas by Crazy For Crust
Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita Recipe by Show Me The Yummy
If you have tried this Lemonade Margarita recipe, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
- 1 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar or a sugar substitute., You can add more or less depending on how you like it!
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 ounce tequila, we used Reposado, but you can use your favorite Repo or Blanco
- Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and pour into a heatproof glass pitcher. Refrigerate until cold. You can make this the day before you serve your gusts!
- Salt the rim of your glass, pour in 1/2 cup lemonade, 1 ounce tequila and squeeze a lime wedge. Stir and then top with ice. You can use a shaker if you want, but to make it easier you don’t have to.