Happy Monday! I know you all enjoyed the first weekend of summer, yay! With a plethora of lemons that grow around here, I’m always thinking of different ways I can use my favorite homemade lemonade recipe. This time I gave it the ultimate summer twist and spruced it up by adding fresh, puréed watermelon juice and whole chunks of watermelon in the drink dispenser. The result was an incredibly delicious watermelon lemonade! The watermelon gives it a sweet and refreshing taste. I served the yummy drink in 24oz plastic cups with lids (perfect for outdoor summer parties) and jumbo straws so you can sip up watermelon chunks. And I should mention that you do not have to make your own lemonade if you don’t have time!
Sweet Tip: Making it for just the adults? Spike it with some vodka for the perfect summer cocktail!
Homemade Lemonade (double this recipe to make the 12 cups you will need)
- 1 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute (You can add more or less depending on how you life it!)
- 6 cups water
- 12 cups lemonade
- 5 cups watermelon juice
- Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and pour into a heatproof glass pitcher. Refrigerate until cold.
- Cut chunks of watermelon and blend until almost liquid.
- Pour 5 cups watermelon juice in the drink dispenser with 12 cups of lemonade. Add slices of watermelon and lemons and top with ice.