We’re in frozen treat heaven with these delicious Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches! After discovering these new playful flavors from Blue Bunny, we hopped at the chance to team up with them to create cookie ice cream sandwiches! We made chewy double chocolate chunk cookies and paired them with flavors like Monster Cookie Mash with huge chunks of cookie dough, Toffee Brownie Twist with chunks of brownie and Mint Cookie Crunch with balls of mint chocolate cookie! Yum.
Blue Bunny has been around since 1935! It’s a charming brand with incredibly fun flavors that don’t disappoint! I love how the ice creams look in the clear container too, they’re whipped and filled with yummy ingredients and stripes of caramel, fudge and peanut butter.
If you’re looking for a fun dessert to serve for a party, entertaining or just a family night, kids and adults will adore making these! Put out toppings and sprinkles to dip the ice cream sandwiches in. You can also find some fun ice cream hacks on their site! I especially love the idea of using a cookie cutter to add shapes to your ice cream with sprinkles! This too is also a kid’s dream!!
This post is in partnership with Blue Bunny.
- 1 1 ⁄4 cups butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form gold size balls on an cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Do not over cook, even if they still look doughy. They will continue to cook outside of the oven. 8-10 minuets is plenty!
- Let them cool before adding in scoops of ice cream.