For the longest time I wasn’t a fan of lemon bars until I tried my mother-in-laws! She’s been making this recipe for years and it’s by far one of the best I’ve ever had. It’s also better than any lemon bar I’ve ordered at a restaurant too! It’s really good, gooey and the crust has such a sweet buttery flavor to it. I added some edible flowers to make it charming and sprinkled powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!!
The Best Lemon Bar Recipe!
Lemon bar crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup butter
Lemon bar filling
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice about 2 or 3 lemons will do the trick
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the crust
- Combine all the ingredients until the dough clings together.
- Press the dough into a 9×9 greased pan.
- Bake for 17 minutes at 350 degrees.
For the filling
- Mix the eggs together first.
- Then continue to mix in the rest of the ingredients. Try not to over- mix the filling… a tip would be to add the dry ingredients together in a bowl first.
- Take the crust out of the oven and pour the lemon filling on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let it cool completely before you cut into squares or shapes.
- Once the shapes are cut, sift powdered sugar on top and garnish with edible flowers!