Our Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust is like biting into a buttery shortbread cookie and complements a plethora of pies! Use it instead of a traditional pie crust for a fun twist on your next baking creation. It’s also great for tarts and easy to make with just five ingredients!
Ingredients in a Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
The ingredients are simple and you’ll most likely already have these in your pantry. The recipe is really foolproof to make.
- Confectioners Sugar
- Baking Powder
How to Make a Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl or with clean hands, work the butter into the flour and sugar until it starts to crumble and hold a shape.
- Roll between two pieces of parchment paper or press into a pie dish. Whatever you prefer!
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. If you’re making a pie that doesn’t need to be cooked, you will cook this crust for longer until it’s golden brown. About 25 minutes.
- Add a pie filling and bake according to the directions for the pie.
When the mixture is a crumble, press into the pie dish or roll between two pieces of parchment paper and place in the pie dish, molding it to the edges making a nice crust.
Quick Tip – If you’re making a pie filling that doesn’t need to be baked, you will bake this crust longer until it’s done. About 25 minutes at 350 until the crust is a light golden brown.
The crust isn’t too sweet, but the texture is like biting into a cookie and it’s always a hit! It works so well with lemon bars, tarts and berry pies too.
Try these Delicious Pie Recipes!
Let us know if you try this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Shortbread Cookie Pie Crust
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Start with the crust by beating the butter until fluffy and add in the sugar.
- Then, add in the flour and lightly mix. Add in the vanilla extract and baking powder and mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a pie dish, up the sides and make a nice crust and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Let the crust cool before adding the filling.
- Proceed with the pie filling instructions for whatever pie you’re making.