The most delicious aprium and plumcot pie! Blended together the flavors of these two colorful and juicy fruits make the sweetest fruit pie!
This post was sponsored by Kroger. All opinions are my own.
Are you wondering what an Aprium or a Plumcot is? They are a non-GMO cross between a plum and an apricot. The best of the two and a summer superstar fruit!
The colors are just beautiful and when blended together to make an aprium plumcot pie they couldn’t be better. This is truly one of my favorite pies I’ve ever made. It’s so unique and is a must-try this summer!!
What is a Plumcot?
A plumcot is a fruit bursting with juicy sweetness, not very bitter, just sweet and resemble more of a plum. They have a stunning pink color inside and a very cool, speckled skin. Taste-wise, plumcots are about 50% plum and 50% apricot.
What are Apriums?
Apriums have a strong apricot flavor with a hint of plum. The outside resembles more of apricot and they have a pretty yellow color inside. Taste-wise they are about 75% apricot and 25% plum.
Facts About Aprium and Plumcot
- Available mid to late July at Kroger
- Healthy Snack
- Good Source of Vitamin A &C
Together these two fruits make the most beautifully flavored pie with stunning colors. The texture is perfect and the flavors together are a delicious combination. The pie is made with our very favorite homemade crust and topped with brown sugar, buttery crumble.
The flavor is sweet like a plumcot with a slight tartness from the aprium. It’s combined with all-spice, orange juice and zest and vanilla extract. All of the ingredients go perfectly together. The citrus in the orange juice brings out each flavor note in the aprium and plumcot.
The pie is decorated with a sliced plumcot because I couldn’t resist the color of them! It’s so vibrant inside and made just the most beautiful pattern and added much-needed color to the top of the crumble.
Serve this with vanilla ice cream for the perfect summer dessert! I promise you will absolutely love this pie!
Ingredients in an Aprium Plumcot Pie
- Fresh apriums plumcots (peeled and sliced)
- Orange juice
- Orange zest
- Brown sugar
Follow our recipe and directions for baking an aprium plumcot Pie in our recipe below!
Let us know if you make this pie by leaving a comment and review below! We’d love to hear your thoughts!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts and parties!
Aprium Plumcot Pie Recipe
- 4 cups apriums plumcots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, cubbed
- 1 egg, whisked for
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter , cubbed
- Follow directions for making the best pie crust! Shape it in the pie dish with a thick crust and then store it in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be filled.
- Place a baking sheet inside the oven on the lowest rack. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (with the baking sheet in there). You will bake the pie on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add the plumcots and apriums with the orange juice and zest, sugar, all spice, salt and flour.
- Slowly fold the ingredients together until the sugar and flour are mixed.
- Add the ingredients into the cold, prepared pie crust.
- Place a few small pieces of the cubed butter inside.
- Beat an egg with a fork and brush the pie crust really well with the egg wash. This will give the pie crust a golden brown texture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, all-spice, salt, and a cubed butter.
- Using your hands, break up the butter and mixture ingredients until it becomes a crumble.
- Top the pie with the crumble and place the pie into a preheated oven on top of the heated baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Then, lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the middle is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, about 2 hours or even overnight, and before serving add slices of plumcots to the top to make a beautiful design.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Homemade Aprium Plumcot Pie Recipe”
Beautiful pie with so many fresh delicious flavors!
Wow this turned out amazing! Thank you!
Thank you Allyson!
What a delicious pie!! My family devoured it.
Thank you Aimee!! So glad you and your family liked it!
This looks so yummy. I’ll need to sneak it in before peach season ends!