Keep garments and clothes smelling fresh with these beautiful DIY lavender sachets! You can easily add photos to the sachets so every time you open the drawer you see your loved ones!
These charming DIY lavender sachets with photos are perfect for yourself or to give as a gift! Add them to your drawer to freshen garments, in a linen closet for fresh sheets, even in a suitcase to keep your clothes smelling fresh when you travel!
I must admit that lavender is one of my favorite scents on this earth!
I use it every day, either defusing it topically, in baths or even in cocktails like this one! My mother-in-law puts some on a cotton ball and tosses it in the drier with the clothes. It keeps the laundry smelling so fresh!
It’s also been used for centuries to repel moths, flies, and mosquitoes. I’ve always loved using lavender sachets in drawers to help ward off moths and for the fresh scent.
DIY Mother’s Day Gift
I think these DIY lavender sachets make wonderful Mother’s Day gifts, especially personalized with some family photos. That way every time your mom opens her drawer, it’s a little reminder of her family and her favorite memories.
How to Make DIY Lavender Sachets
- Sewing machine
- Linen fabric – You can pick this up at your local craft store.
- Bags of lavender
- Fabric transfer sheets
- Fabric scissors
- Inkjet printer – Check to see if your printer is an inkjet printer.
- Iron – Any iron works!
1. Cut 6″ x 6″ linen squares from the fabric (a front and a back).
2. Next, using the fabric transfer paper, print the photos on the paper and iron onto the linen fabric squares.
3. Sew the front (the square with the picture) and back together, leaving a 1″ gap open to turn right side in.
4. Then, fill with lavender, then sew the 1″ gap closed.
5. Tie with a bow and give as a gift!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is sachet used for?
Scented sachets are used to make clothing and undergarments smell good! They can be placed in a drawer or hung in a closet with clothing items. Furthermore, they can be stored with clean linens, kept in cars or they’re even great to toss into a suitcase when traveling!
How long do scented sachets last?
Unfortunately, the scents do fade away. We suggest replacing the sachet every 3-4 months. When you can no longer smell the fragrance, the sachet is finished and it’s time for a new one!
Are you supposed to open scented sachets?
Sachets are supposed to remain closed. The aroma will seep through the fabric to give garments and linens a beautiful scent. If opened, the lavender will spill out and you’ll have quite the mess to clean!
More DIY Projects You’ll Love!
You can also make them without photos and use a pretty color fabric. We used a light pink color to make these lavender sachets. Tie a few together with ribbon and a sprig of lavender.
Let us know if you make these sachets! Please leave a review and a comment below!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
- 1/2 yard linen fabric
- 1 lb dried lavender
- fabric transfer paper
- Cut 6″ x 6″ linen squares from the fabric (a front and a back).
- Using the fabric transfer paper, print the photos on the paper and iron onto the linen fabric squares.
- Sew the front (the square with the picture) and back together, leaving a 1″ gap open to turn right side in.
- Fill with lavender, then sew the 1″ gap closed.
- Tie with a bow and give as a gift.