This post is sponsored by Brother P-touch Embellish Ribbon & Tape Printer.
If you’re looking for a fun spring craft or hostess gift, this Lavender Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix in a Jar is so fun to make and tastes delicious too! We were inspired by the P-touch Embellish Ribbon and Tape Printer to create an easy craft we could also customize with ribbon to wrap around it! I’m all about the charming touches and I absolutely LOVE the idea of customized ribbon or tape for gifts. You can write a message, the ingredients or the names of the gift recipients… the ideas are endless! The best part is that you can customize each individual ribbon’s length, use different fonts, designs, etc. Then cut it and start a new one. It’s really handy and by far one of my favorite crafting tools right now!
I’ve seen cookie jar mixes like these at the store and have always wanted to make my own. And I’m always into spreading my love for baking. I wanted to alter the shortbread cookies that are super popular right now. I think cookie jar mixes make such wonderful gifts and inspire people to take a little time to just bake! It’s also nice because you can fill the jars with quality ingredients and make yummy recipes. Then your friends just have to add in the wet ingredients and for this recipe, that’s only butter and vanilla! Easy and delicious.
For our shortbread cookie recipe, we added a little lavender and changed up a few measurements and they are SO good!! Literally could’ve eaten them all up!
To make the jars, you’ll need 1 liter glass jars with lids. We used these. Then you’ll want to add the flour in the bottom first. Add the brown sugar on top, sprinkle in the lavender,add the granulated sugar and then the chopped chocolate chunks on the top. You will only be adding in the dry ingredients from the recipe below. Then just print our tags and add them to the jar using the P-touch Embellish and the lucky recipient of your custom Cookie Mix in a Jar will follow the rest! Enjoy and hope you’re inspired to be creative!
For the ribbon, we looped the title of the cookies, using the medium Brussels font and a heart border. It adds a touch of unexpected charm that I love.
We created charming recipe cards you can attach to each jar with the custom TZe satin ribbon. You can download and print the recipe cards here!
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoons cold salted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tablespoon lavender
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet dark chocolate chopped
- 1 large egg beaten to blend
- Pinch Flaky sea salt
- Beat butter until light and fluffy
- Add in the vanilla extract and continue to beat
- Pour the first half of the jar into the butter mixture, leaving the flour in the jar
- Beat on medium until everything is incorporated, scrape down the sides
- Add in the flour and beat on low until mixed
- Separate dough in half and use your hands to shape two 2” round logs of dough on parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Brush the dough logs with beaten egg
- Cut each log into ½” thick rounds and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!