This Acai bowl recipe has become my favorite lunch during the week! Acai bowls are absolutely delicious, packed full of yummy fruit and nutrients (you can even sneak in a little spinach), and they taste amazing! The Acai I use is frozen (I buy it at Whole Foods) and comes in individual packs, which have 12 grams of protein per serving! The best part about acai bowls is that they’re incredibly easy to make… sans the coconut bowl. We had to embellish the presentation for Sugar and Charm of course. I’m not actually eating one out of a coconut every day! I keep all of my frozen fruit on hand and just toss the ingredients into a blender. Then I top it off with my favorite granola and whatever fresh fruit I have in the fridge that day. They’re different from smoothies since the consistency is a lot thicker and you don’t use regular milk or yogurt, so it doesn’t have that fluffy, smooth texture that a smoothie has. Below is my go-to Acai bowl recipe, but you can add in different frozen fruit or extra powders to suit your own taste!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 whole unfrozen banana
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender, then pour into a bowl.
- Top with granola, nuts, coconut shreds or fresh fruit. You can even drizzle a little honey over the top if you want extra sweetness.