These are the yummiest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches! Chewy chocolate cookies with fun flavors of ice cream in the middle. These messy and delicious treats will be a hit this summer!
We’re in frozen treat heaven with these delicious Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches! These are chewy double chocolate chunk cookies sandwich between scoops of delicious ice cream!
We used Blue Bunny with flavors like Monster Cookie Mash with huge chunks of cookie dough, Toffee Brownie Twist with chunks of brownie and Mint Cookie Crunch with balls of mint chocolate cookie! Yum.
If you’re looking for a fun dessert to serve for a party, entertaining or just a family night, kids and adults will adore making these!
How to Serve a Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
The best way to make an ice cream cookie sandwich is to put all of the ingredients on a tray. Fill the tray with fresh bakes cookies, a few varieties of ice cream, bowl of sprinkles, an ice cream scooper and a lot of napkins!
This way the cookies are soft, people can choose their ice cream flavor and have fun with sprinkles.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love!
Tips for Making Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
There are no rules when it comes to cookies and ice cream!
You don’t have to make your own cookies! Store-bought are perfectly fine.
Use chocolate chip cookies or even try a shortbread cookie with sorbet ice cream.
They taste the best when the cookies are soft and chewy!
Use any flavor ice cream you want!
Let us know if you make these by leaving a review and comment below!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- ice cream
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form gold size balls on an cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Do not over cook, even if they still look doughy. They will continue to cook outside of the oven. 8-10 minuets is plenty!
- Let them cool before adding in scoops of ice cream.