DIY Green Apple Bath Bombs
Author: Eden Passante
Serves: makes three 3″ balls
- 8 ounces Baking Soda (softens and reduces any irritants on the skin)
- 4 ounces Citric Acid for fizz (you can buy it here)
- 4 ounces Corn Starch (reduces any irritants on skin)
- 4 ounces Epsom Salts (helps detox for softer skin)
- 2 tsp. water (no more!!)
- 2 tsp. Green Apple Essential Oil for scent and aromatherapy
- 2 tsp. apricot oil (adds vitamin E to soften skin)
- Supplies: round molds, measuring cups, green food coloring, essential oils, bowls, sticks and leaves for decorating.
- Mix all dry ingredients EXCEPT citric acid in a large mixing bowl (salt, baking soda, cornstarch).
- In a separate small bowl, mix water, essential oil, apricot oil and food coloring.
- Combine the wet and dry mixture, which should resemble the texture of dry/moist sand. Almost like a flour consistency.
- Mix until the color is even. It takes awhile and it’s not just stirring, but rather pushing down with a spatula on the chunks of wet mixture. Adding the food coloring helps you figure out if it’s well mixed. An even color means a good mix. When you squeeze some in your fist, it should hold together.
- Add citric acid and mix again (do NOT use your hands at this point as the pure citric acid is abrasive) and do not add water after you mix in the citric acid.
- Pack tightly into the mold and wait 15 minutes. Then, remove one side of the ball and wait 24 hours for it to set. Drying fully is imperative. Add the sticks and leaves in after they dry completely. Enjoy!