Celebrate the New Year with a fun DIY sangria bar! Make a delicious batch of red sangria and have your guests fill their glasses with fruit to garnish their drinks!
Since New Year’s Eve is all about partying until midnight and beyond, we set up an after midnight sangria bar!
This is a fun idea DIY sangria bar that you can create quickly at home. It’s perfect for celebrations. When the clock strikes 12, you can enjoy a glass of sangria and some dessert. What better way to celebrate a new year!
DIY Sangria Bar
A sangria bar lets guests add their own twists on their sangria by adding different fruit, juice and berries!
- Bottle of red wine
- Cinnamon sticks
- Ginger ale
It’s an amazing blend and very easy to make! I placed extra fruits and garnishes out and also served Frontera’s Night Harvested Moonlight white blend.
Sangria Bar Decorations
For the decor, we kept it dark and moody since it’s all about midnight. We used this tutorial and made a gorgeous, gold fringe garland which turned out awesome to drape behind the bar. Here are some ideas for decorations.
- Happy New Year Sign – Silver or Gold
- Confetti Stars
- Flowers – always a must!
- Marble bowls and trays
- Glass Sangria Pitcher or Drink Dispenser
- Cocktail picks
I absolutely love the look of the DIY fringe we made. We layered it with this Happy New Year sign and placed gorgeous flowers on the bar.
It’s the simple decor, but looks classic and chic!
Easy Steps For Setting up a Sangria Bar
- Make extra sangria to store in the refrigerator when one runs out.
- Fruit makes wonderful decor as well as flavors the sangria! Buy extra to place around for a festive look.
- Make a rosé sangria or white wine sangria for the bar as well. A sangria bar with 3 varieties of sangria is pretty awesome!
Sangria Recipes You’ll Love!
- Red sangria recipe made with all red fruit
- Black sangria made with all shades of black fruit
- Fizzy white wine sangria
- Apple pie sangria
- Easy and traditional white sangria
- Sparkling sake sangria
DIY Bar Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Spritzer Bar
- Romantic Gin and Flower Bar
- Holiday Hot Chocolate Bar
- Bloody Mary Bar at Home
- Charming Lemonade Bar
These are all very simple ideas, but created a beautiful New Years Eve setting! We hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!
After Midnight Sangria
- 25 ounces red wine
- 2 large oranges , sliced
- 1 large lemon , sliced
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- 10 ounces ginger ale, more to taste
- Add all of the ingredients together and stir.
- Let the sangria sit for an hour or longer to infuse the taste of the fruit.
- Serve chilled over ice.