This Apple Pie Sangria recipe is definitely one of the best sangria recipes we’ve had in awhile!! It actually tastes like a delicious, fresh and fruity apple pie and it’s perfect for kicking off the fall season! It’s still hot enough outside to enjoy a chilled cocktail and this apple pie sangria also has all of the festive fall flavors that compliment the season. And don’t fret about the amount of ingredients since it’s actually really simple to make! You’ll want to keep these ingredients on hand to make this autumn cocktail over and over… it’s that good!!
As for picking out a good red wine for sangria, you don’t need an expensive bottle. Actually, please don’t use your expensive bottles!! A $10 to $15 bottle of wine works perfectly for sangria and you’ll want to buy a Spanish wine, since sangria originated from Spain! Try a Grenache from Rioja, Spain or a Tempranillo. You can find them at your regular grocery store! Cheers and enjoy this crazy good apple pie sangria!!
Apple Pie Sangria Recipe
- 1/2 red apple cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice find it here
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup fresh pressed apple cider
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor
- 1/2 bottle chilled red wine I used Grenache from Rioja, Spain
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider I used this one
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon powder to sprinkle on top
- Add the chopped apples, apple pie spice, sugar and orange juice into a large pitcher and lightly muddle.
- Add in the orange liquor, pressed apple cider, wine, cinnamon sticks and brandy and give it a good stir.
- Let it chill in the fridge for an hour or two until it’s cold and then top it off with chilled sparkling apple cider right before you serve! Garnish with a cinnamon stick and sprinkle some cinnamon powder on the top! Enjoy!