The original Apple Cider Moscow Mule recipe! This cocktail is a fall twist on a classic Moscow Mule. It’s a lightly spiced mule and is easy to make, and it is best served in a copper mug to keep it icy cold.
We had to put the half-gallon of apple cider we have from our apple-picking adventure to good use, so Moscow Mules it is!!
As much as I love a standard Moscow Mule and our popular Blueberry Moscow Mules, I wanted to put a fall twist on it, and this one is by far my favorite yet!
An Apple Cider Moscow Mule with sprinkled cinnamon, apple cider, a little lime, ginger vodka, and ginger beer!! the perfect Fall cocktail, and until our hand-pressed apple cider is gone, it’s my go-to cocktail!
The cinnamon adds a beautiful fall aroma, and the apple and ginger are a match made in cocktail heaven. Of course, the bonus is that they’re beyond easy to make! No shaking or muddling; just pour and enjoy!
Brief History of a Moscow Mule
Table of Contents
Despite its name, the Moscow Mule was first created in Manhattan in the 1940s. Made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice and garnished with lime and mint leaves, it is a simple but wonderfully easy and refreshing cocktail.
How to Make an Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- Ginger Flavored Vodka – You can use regular vodka, but ginger flavor adds more intensity.
- Apple Cider – Store-bought or Homemade.
- Lime Juice – Fresh lime juice is always the best when making cocktails.
- Ginger Beer – There are several brands of ginger beer that are good for cocktails. Choose one that you love!
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon is added to the top of the drink, adding a nice aroma and flavor.
This delicious apple cider cocktail really couldn’t be any easier to make, and it comes together in a matter of minutes with a few ingredients.
Steps to follow
- Add the vodka, apple cider, and lime juice into a copper mug, then fill it with ice.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the ice, and then top up the mug with ginger beer.
- Stir the drink and garnish with an apple slice and a cinnamon stick for a delicious fall drink!
Why do mules have to be served in a copper mug?
Moscow Mules are traditionally served in copper mugs, like the ones you can see in the photos, and that’s not just to make them look pretty!
The metal cup keeps the cocktail delightfully cold while you drink it, and it means the ice doesn’t melt as quickly, which can result in the dilution of your drink.
Apple Cider Moscow Mules
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of Moscow Mules, and it felt only right that I make a fall version of one of my favorite cocktails!
This mule is lightly spiced with cinnamon and apple cider, giving it a wonderful freshness. Low in calories and easy to make, this mule cocktail is a must-have!
Top tips for making Apple Cider Moscow Mules
- Be sure to serve your mules in copper mugs – they make a huge difference.
- Use a good quality ginger beer.
- It’s best to make these mules as and when you need them rather than making them ahead of time; otherwise, the ginger beer will go flat.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, cinnamon stick, and a little ground cinnamon. You can also add candied ginger and an apple slice in there too.
- If you want to make this an apple cider Moscow mule mocktail, replace the vodka with a zero-proof spirit.
Want even more added sweetness? Make this a caramel apple cider Moscow mule by drizzling caramel inside the copper mug and a little over the top of the cocktail!
Best Ginger Beer for Moscow Mule
- Sugar-Free Zevia Mixer Ginger Beer
- Also, check out these refreshing ginger beers to use for Moscow mules
More Moscow Mule Variations for you to try!
If you have tried this apple cider Moscow mule recipe, please rate it and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Apple Cider Moscow Mules
- 1 ounce ginger flavored vodka
- 2 ounce apple cider (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer, good quality
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a copper mug, add the vodka, apple cider and lime juice.
- Fill the glass with ice, sprinkle cinnamon over the ice, then top off with ginger beer.
- Stir well and garnish with an apple slice and cinnamon stick.