We’ve given the classic Moscow mule recipe a Christmas delight! This gingerbread Moscow mule has to be one of my all-time favorite tipples! With its gingerbread infusion, it’s got a spicy kick and a warmth that’s perfect for winter parties!
Plus it’s full of great flavors yet so easy to make! We’re also sharing details for creating a charming Moscow mule gift set to give this holiday season!
If you’ve been reading Sugar and Charm for a while, you know I’m a huge fan of Moscow Mules. We love adding a twist on the classic libation! We’ve created the best Gingerbread Moscow Mule and a charming cocktail-themed gift box.
A few years ago, we created our Apple Cider Mule, which was such a hit and now we’ve added a little holiday gingerbread twist to this one! This recipe has a delicious spicy kick to it, using gingerbread spices, and it’s perfect for winter months.
Serve it at your holiday brunch or Christmas dinner. Create a build-your-own Moscow Mule station where guests can whip up their own cocktail, similar to our hot chocolate bar. We also love sipping this with a bowl of reindeer food!
Also, check out all of our favorite Moscow Mule recipes!
A Christmas Gingerbread Moscow Mule
The full recipe is in the recipe car at the bottom of the post.
- Vodka – Use good quality vodka for this recipe.
- Ginger Syrup – You can make your own or you can buy ginger syrup.
- Lime – Always use freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Gingerbread Spice – You can find this at your local store. This spice is made up of Ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and optionally ground cardamom.
- Molasses – Use Grandma’s molasses for this.
- Ginger Beer – This adds bubbles to the drink.
Moscow Mule Gift Set
A Moscow mule gift set is a pretty charming holiday gift. See all the details for making this fun box!
- Ginger syrup
- Cocktail jigger
- 2 copper mugs
- Cocktail spoon for stirring
- 2 gingerbread houses for garnishing
- Gingerbread spices
- Mini Gingerbread Houses for Mugs
Why is a Moscow Mule Served In A Copper Mug?
The biggest benefit of using copper Moscow mule mugs is temperature. Chilled drinks in copper cups offer an extra-cool sensation, due to the metal quickly taking on the icy temperature of the cocktail.
The rim of the mug becomes cold super quick, offering a frosty sensation on your lips. The cold metal is highly effective at insulating the cold temperature of any liquid.
A Great Christmas Cocktail
This Christmas Moscow Mule is the perfect addition for any festive party. Served in eye catching copper mugs, they instantly rise to the top of the cocktail list before even taking a sip! And then there’s the warm gingerbread spice, the cinnamon and the molasses, it’s Christmas in mug!
Tips For a Making a Gingerbread Mule
- Best served in a copper mug, for a frosty cool cocktail.
- Make sure you mix the drink well.
- Avoid bottled lime juice, use freshly squeezed limes.
- If making the gift box, make sure to use packing materials – such as shredded packing paper.
Check Out These Other Delicious Mule Recipes:
Also check out the best Christmas cocktails to make!
You’ll Also Love These Gingerbread Recipes!
Santa Hat Gingerbread Cupcakes
Let us know if you make this Christmas Gingerbread Moscow Mule in the comments below! Don’t forgot to rate it too and share with us on social @sugarandcharm.
Gingerbread Moscow Mule Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounce Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon gingerbread spice, you can buy this seasoning or make your own!
- 1/8 teaspoon molasses
- 4 1/2 ounces club soda
- In a copper mug, mix the vodka, lime, ginger syrup, spices and molasses. Add in crushed ice and top with club soda. Mix well and sprinkle more cinnamon to garnish.