A delicious gingerbread cold brew latté recipe that is sweetened with molasses and maple syrup! It’s holiday cheer in a glass and you have to try!
I made a gingerbread cold brew latté and now Zan asks for one every day. I kindly respond by telling him how easy it is and that the cold brew is in the fridge, so go ahead and make one… and make me one too while you’re at it! Wink, wink.
I do agree with him, this cold brew recipe is delicious and has all the festive gingerbread flavors we’re all craving this time of year! I used Dunkin’ Donuts cold brew coffee and added real molasses and gingerbread spice.
Then I sweetened it with maple syrup! Oh-my-gosh…. it’s SO good. Add a little cream and top it off with whipped cream and instead of eating little gingerbread men (because, how rude!), you can drink a smooth, flavorful gingerbread latte!!
What is the difference between regular coffee and cold brew coffee?
Table of Contents
Regular coffee is brewed with high heat, extracting more caffeine but also making it more acidic. With cold brew its brewed in cold water over a long period of time, creating a smooth, less acidic coffee.
How to Make Easy Cold Brew Coffee
Cold brew coffee is a great mid-day pick me up drink! I love keeping it in the refrigerate to make quick, flavorful lattés. Dunkin’ Donuts makes it easy to make a refreshing cold brew!
- Purchase Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew Packets
- Brew in a large glass pitcher with 2 packets and 4 cups water.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Add another 3 cups water and keep it chilled.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Is cold brew coffee stronger than regular coffee?
There are too many variables that play a roll with what coffee has more caffeine. It depends on the type, the ground size and the brew time as well as the serving size.
Temperature of coffee also plays a roll in how the caffeine is extracted. Hotter temps extract more caffeine than colder. Cold brew is comparable, but has a little less caffeine than 1 cup hot coffee.
Why does cold brew coffee taste better?
This has to do with the brewing method. Cold brew coffee is much smoother and about 60% less acidic that regular brewed coffee. The hot temperatures make the coffee more bitter and acidic. You get a much more flavorful coffee when it’s brewed in cold water over time.
How to Make a Gingerbread Cold Brew Latté
- Add cold brew, molasses, maple syrup and cream in a glass filled with ice. Stir well.
- Top with whipped cream and add a dash of gingerbread spice to the top.
More Delicious Coffee Recipes
This post is sponsored by Walmart and Dunkin’ Donuts
Gingerbread Cold Brew Latté
Cold Brew Coffee
- 2 packets Dunkin' Cold Brew Coffee
- 7 cups water, dived in 4 cups and 3 cups
- 1 cup Dunkin' cold brew coffee
- 1 1/2 tsp molassas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cream , vanilla coffee creamer or just plain creamer
- whipped cream
- 1/4 tsp gingerbread spice
- Place two cold brew coffee bags in a glass pitcher with 4 cups water.
- Let the coffee brew in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Once brewed add in 3 more cups of cold water.
- Add the cold brew, molasses, maple syrup and cream in a glass with ice.
- Stir very well to mix the flavors. The molasses is think and will fall to the bottom, that is fine.
- Top with whipped cream and gingerbread spice!