This Black Sangria Recipe is perfect for all of your Halloween entertaining! This make ahead cocktail will mean your spending less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests. This black cocktail will be the star of your party!
Hellooo Friday! It’s the weekend before Halloween, which means major party time for many of you. You’ll be happy to know that I have the BEST sangria recipe ever for Halloween! I call it the Black Sangria and the name says it all! A sangria made with blackberries, black plums, black grapes and Apothic Dark wine. If you let it sit for about an hour the plums turn a mean shade of black and everything is black! It’s pretty incredible and super easy to make. You know me, it’s got to be easy or it ain’t happening! Entertaining is fun people! Happy weekend before Halloween, Charmers!
How to make Black Sangria
There is nothing complicated about this libation! Simply add everything into a pitcher and mix with a large spoon.
Let the sangria sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The longer it sits the darker the plums becomes. It’s best to keep the sangria in the fridge so it stays cold.
What is Sangria Made of?
Sangria is a Spanish drink, traditionally, it consists of red wine mixed with fruits (such as peaches, melon and berries), sugar and orange juice. Although red wine is traditionally used in sangria recipes, you can also get white and rose pitchers. You can use whatever fruits are in season.
What’s the best wine for Sangrias?
Traditionally sangrias are made with rioja, but I say tradition is meant to be broken! I love Apothic Dark which is a blended wine and it has a little spice to it, it’s also great for this Halloween Sangria because of it’s dark color! Make your sangria your own by using your favorite red wine.
I just love the deep color of this black sangria, and it’s a great drink to serve at your Halloween party as you can make it ahead of time. It’s a grown up drink with an injection of spooky Halloween fun!
Top tips for making black sangria
- Be sure to let the sangria sit for a couple of hours before serving, longer if possible so that the flavors develop
- Keep the sangria in the fridge so it remains cold
- Don’t add ice as this will dilute the taste.
If sangria is your thing, be sure to check out these recipes!
Tropical Margarita Sangria by Wine and Glue
Strawberry, Orange, White Wine Sangria by My Food StoryHow many of these vegan ice cream recipes do you think I can make this summer? ????
If you have tried this Black Sangria Recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also follow me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food!
Black Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle Apothic Dark, (750ml)
- 2 cups organic blackberries, washed
- 4 black plums, washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 cups black grapes, washed
- 1 cup sparkling water if you desire, but you don’t have to if you want a strong wine taste
- Add everything into a pitcher and mix with a large spoon.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The longer it sits the darker the plums becomes.
- Best to keep sangria in the fridge. Enjoy!!!