This Black Sangria Recipe is perfect for Halloween entertaining! This make-ahead Halloween cocktail has a deep, dark color and a fruity flavor. It’s made with dark wine and dark fruits. It’s the best Halloween sangria and will be the star of your party.
The Perfect Halloween Sangria
Table of Contents
You’ll be happy to know that I have the BEST sangria recipe ever for Halloween!
I call it the Black Sangria and the name says it all! A sangria made with blackberries, black plums, black grapes, and Apothic Dark wine. You can use any really dark wine like a cabernet.
If you let it sit for about an hour the plums turn a mean shade of black and everything is black! It’s pretty incredible and super easy to make.
You know me, it’s got to be easy or it ain’t happening! Entertaining is fun people!
How to make Black Sangria
- Dark Red Wine – I used Apothic Dark for this recipe, but any bold red wine will work great.
- Brandy – A sweet liquor that is produced by distilling wine.
- Simple Syrup – Used to give the sangria a sweeter flavor.
- Black Plums
- Black Grapes
- Sparkling Water
There is nothing complicated about this libation!
- Slice the ingredients and add them to a pitcher.
- Add the wine and brandy to the fruit.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add the sparkling water before serving.
You can also try sparkling ginger ale or sparkling apple cider in place of the water.SaveSave
What is Sangria Made of?
Sangria is a Spanish drink, traditionally, it consists of red wine mixed with fruits (such as peaches, melon, and berries), sugar, and orange juice.
Although red wine is traditionally used in sangria recipes, you can also get white and rose pitchers. You can use whatever fruits are in season.
What is the best wine for sangria?
Traditionally sangrias are made with rioja, but I say tradition is meant to be broken!
We used Apothic Dark which is a blended wine it has a little spice to it, it’s also great for this Halloween Sangria because of its dark color! Make your sangria your own by using your favorite red wine.
The deep color of this black sangria is perfect for a spooky holiday. It’s a great drink to serve at your Halloween party as you can make it ahead of time.
It’s a grown-up drink with an injection of spooky Halloween fun!
Also, try our popular red wine cocktail recipe.
Tips For Making Black Sangria
- Be sure to let the sangria sit for a couple of hours before serving, longer if possible so that the flavors develop.
- Keep the sangria in the fridge so it remains cold.
- Don’t add ice as this will dilute the taste.
- Add more sweetener if needed.
What to Serve with Black Sangria
More Sangria Recipes You’ll Love
We love making sangria and serving it year-round! Here are a few more of our favorite recipes:
Green Irish Whiskey Sangria – Made with green fruit, Irish whiskey, and apples.
Apple Pie Sangria Recipe – Taste like an apple pie! Perfect for fall and the holidays.
Traditional White Wine Sangria – If you prefer a white sangria, this recipe is really good!
More Halloween Cocktails You’ll Love
Here are more of our favorite Halloween cocktails:
If you’re looking for drinks without alcohol, check out our non-alcoholic Halloween drinks.
If you try this black sangria recipe, leave a comment and review below!
Black Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle dark red wine, any dark red wine, we used Apothic Dark
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 3 black plums, washed and sliced
- 1 cup black grapes, washed
- 8 ounces organic blackberries, washed
- 1 cup sparkling water or ginger ale , use ginger ale for a sweeter sangria
- Add everything into a pitcher and mix with a large spoon.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The longer it sits the darker the plums becomes.
- Best to keep sangria in the fridge. Enjoy!!!