Did you know candy corn was initially named chicken feed? In the 1800s, the production of candy corn started, and the little orange, kernel-shaped candy was made by hand. It’s a treat we’re all familiar with and conjures the best Halloween memories.
Now that we’re adults, we can enjoy candy corn differently! It’s always fun to have a few unique drinks and desserts at a Halloween party and these are perfect. Your guests will love them!
These shots are even better served in these fun tubes. The presentation is excellent for Halloween, and guests love it!
If you’re feeling festive, check out this DIY Handwoven Willow Wreath.
How to Make Candy Corn Vodka
Table of Contents
Candy corn vodka makes delicious Halloween shots! Here’s everything you need to know to make this easy recipe.
Candy Corn Shot Ingredients and Supplies
These are very easy to make. You’ll need:
- Large Mason Jar with a Lid
- 1 Bag of Candy Corn,
- Bottle of Vodka, something like Titos or Reyka.
In a jar, add the candy corn and 750ml vodka.
Let the candy infuse for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
Serve them in classic shot glasses or glass test tubes!
The test tubes add a fun Halloween touch to any party. You can serve them over ice so guests can grab one as they want. It makes a charming presentation!
Pour the candy corn vodka into a bowl with a spout. Slowly pour the vodka into the glass test tube. If you need to use a funnel, you can do that too.
Close the test tube with the small lid and continue filling the rest.
Make these a day before the party and store them in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to serve them, place them in a bowl filled with ice to keep them chilled. Another idea is to have someone at the door serving them as guests arrive. Starting the party off right!!
- I use vodka for this recipe, but you can use gin or make candy corn shots with Malibu.
- If this recipe is too strong, add a little orange juice after the vodka has infused and before adding the liquid into the test tubes.
- If you don’t have test tubes, these can be served in standard shot glasses.
Frequently Asked Question
This will vary depending on who you ask. Some people describe it as being overly sweet, while others enjoy its unique flavor.
The main ingredients in candy corn include sugar, corn syrup, and honey. It also contains small amounts of cocoa butter, milk powder, and other added flavors such as vanilla or maple. These ingredients give candy corn its signature taste – a combination of sweetness and creaminess with a hint of honey.
However, there are also those who find candy corn to have a rather artificial taste, possibly due to its high sugar content and use of artificial flavors.
More Halloween Recipes You’ll Love!
Let us know if you make these candy corn Halloween shots by leaving a comment and review below!
Candy Corn Vodka Halloween Shots
- 750 ml vodka
- 1 cup candy corn
- In a jar, add the candy corn and 750ml vodka.
- Let the candy corn infuse the vodka for 3 days.
- The vodka will be a bright orange color and the candy corns will start to lose their coloring.
- Next, strain the mixture over a sieve into a large bowl with a spout to remove the candy corn.
- You’ll be left with an orange, candy corn flavored vodka
- Pour the candy corn vodka into a bowl with a spout. Slowly, pour the vodka into the glass test tube. If you need to use a funnel you can do that too.
- Close them up with the lid and continue filling. Make these a day before the party and store them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve them, place them in a bowl filled with ice to keep them chilled.