Birthday shots are a fun and festive cocktail and are perfect for any adult birthday celebration! They taste like whipped vanilla, and the colorful sprinkle rim gives them a birthday cake feel. A birthday cake shot is easy to make with simple ingredients.
How to Make This Birthday Cake Shot Recipe
Table of Contents
We will cover everything you need to know to make the best birthday shots for your next birthday party! If you prefer to jump to the recipe, scroll to the bottom of the post where you’ll find the recipe card, measurements, and directions.
Here are a few supplies you’ll need to make this recipe:
Here is a list of all the ingredients you’ll need to make this birthday cake shot recipe:
Whipped Vodka – This has the most delicious whipped vanilla flavor. You can also use Pinnacle Cake Vodka, cream vodka, or any vanilla-flavored vodka.
White Chocolate Liqueur – This adds a nice sweetness and helps make these birthday shots creamy. Use any white chocolate liqueur you prefer or You can use white chocolate Irish Cream as we did.
Vanilla Extract – We add this in to give the shots an even stronger vanilla, birthday cake flavor. This really makes these shots the real deal!
Vanilla Frosting – This is used to rim the shot glasses before adding the sprinkles. It will hold the sprinkles to the glass, giving them a fun and festive birthday party look. This also adds to the white cake mix flavor of the shots.
Sprinkles – You can use any type of sprinkles for this recipe, but we recommend using colorful sprinkles for fun!
4 Steps to Make This Birthday Shot Recipe
These are fun shots to make, here are the 4 easy steps to make them:
1. Rim the shot glasses by dipping them in a shallow bowl of frosting and then into a shallow bowl of sprinkles.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the whipped vodka, white chocolate liqueur, vanilla extract, and ice.
3. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds to combine.
4. Fill the prepared glasses with the birthday cake shot mixture.
Tips for Recipe Success
- You can use any vanilla or cake-flavored vodka for this recipe. You can even make your own homemade vanilla vodka if you’re planning ahead.
- Use cold cold ingredients when making birthday cake shots to make them chilly and delicious.
- Whipped vanilla frosting works best when rimming the shot glasses.
- Line the shot glasses with frosting and then sprinkles before you make the birthday cake shots. your shot glasses with frosting and sprinkles before adding the mixture.
- Use any type of sprinkles you like for the rim. You can find some really fun and colorful ones at most stores!
Make them Ahead of Time
Make these shots ahead of time by adding all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, without ice, then storing them in the refrigerator.
You can also rim the shot glasses and store them in the refrigerator on a platter as well.
When you’re ready to serve, add ice to the shaker, shake for 10 seconds then stain into the shot glasses.
- If you want to make a big batch of birthday cake shots, simply double or triple the recipe. This is a great way to make them for larger parties.
- You can also add a few drops of food coloring to make them even more festive!
- If you want to make a chocolate cake shot recipe use chocolate liqueur instead of white chocolate.
- If you’re looking for something a little different, you can also add a few drops of raspberry liqueur to the birthday cake shot mixture. This will give them a delicious fruity flavor.
- You can also switch up the white chocolate liqueur for any other flavoring you like, such as amaretto or Godiva.
- This recipe also makes a wonderful dessert martini too. Simply strain it into a martini glass for a different twist.
No matter what you do, make sure to enjoy your birthday shots responsibly!
What to Serve with Birthday Cake Shot
These birthday cake shots are great for any adult party. Serve them alongside some appetizers or finger foods, such as cheese and charcuterie platter, potato chips, or even ham and a fruit platter.
These shots pair nicely with dessert as well. Here are some of our favorite homemade cakes and desserts you can make to go with these shots:
When To Serve Birthday Shots
These are perfect for birthdays but they’re also great for any of these parties:
Frequently Asked Questions
A few popular shots include:
They are very similar in flavor. Whipped vodka is a flavored vodka that has a creamy and sweet taste, while cake vodka is a type of vanilla flavoring vodka. Both are perfect for making birthday shots!
Yes, you can make the birthday shots ahead of time. Just combine the ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Rim the glasses and top with whipped cream and sprinkles just before serving.
If you don’t have frosting, you can use honey or corn syrup as an alternative. Simply coat the rim of the shot glasses with either of these liquids and then dip them into sprinkles.
This vodka does taste like vanilla vodka. It has a sweet, whipped vanilla flavor that’s perfect for making birthday cake shots.
Yes, birthday cake shots are very easy to make. All you need is a few ingredients and a few minutes to put together this delicious and festive drink!
More Shot Recipes
Here are a few more delicious recipes you’ll love:
Let us know what you think!
If you make these festive birthday cake shots at your next party! Leave a comment and review below! We would love to know your thoughts!
Birthday Cake Shot
- 4 ounces whipped vodka, vanilla vodka or birthday cake vodka work too.
- 4 ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Rim the shot glasses by dipping them in a shallow bowl of frosting.
- Immediately dip them into a shallow bowl of sprinkles.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the whipped vodka, white chocolate liqueur, vanilla extract, and ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds to combine.
- Fill the prepared glasses with the birthday cake shot mixture.