Since our Spiked Jolly Ranch Punch was such a hit, we decided to whip up another Halloween punch recipe and created this delicious Monster Mash Lemongrass Party Punch! Although this cocktail looks extra sugary and spooky, it’s actually a lemongrass tea-based cocktail punch that’s not overly sweet! Since there is no doubt everyone’s sweet tooth will be satisfied on Halloween, we thought it would be nice to serve a lighter, refreshing cocktail and then add in the spooky ice cube gummies and candy skewers as garnishes.
This Halloween punch recipe is so easy it literally consists of 4 ingredients! Lemongrass spearmint tea, lime juice, gin and a homemade clove simple syrup, which is also very easy to make! The ingredient combo for this punch is unique and I like serving something super different on Halloween night. The flavors blend together really well and overall it’s a very light and subtle punch.
I found these monster eyeball ice cube trays here and I love that the gummy is already in there and it’s as easy as just adding water to make these adorable ice cubes!
- 6 cups steeped lemongrass spearmint tea
- 1 cup clove and cinnamon simple syrup, recipe in directions below
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup good quality gin
- To make the simple syrup, add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 2 teaspoons whole cloves and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in small sauce pan and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Then strain the mixture through a mesh strainer and set aside.
- Steep 6 cups of lemongrass tea according to the directions on the box. Let it cool and then continue making the punch.
- Add in the lime juice, simple syrup and gin.
- Stir altogether and then add in a lot of ice and sliced limes.