This pumpkin panna cotta recipe is the fall dessert you’ve been looking for! Creamy, rich, indulgent, and easy to make. What’s not to love?!
If you like pumpkin pie and easy desserts, this Pumpkin Panna Cotta Recipe will be a new fall favorite!! Panna Cotta originated from Italy and has the texture of a very creamy pudding.
The name means “cooked cream” in Italian since the main ingredient in it is heavy cream… don’t worry, it’s served in small portions! I like it much better than pudding since it has a much richer, creamy taste and smooth texture.
I’m pretty proud of how this pumpkin one turned out. It literally tastes like a pumpkin pie, but without the hassle of making one.
It has all the delicious spices and pumpkin flavors, and then it’s topped with crushed almonds and walnuts and garnished with cinnamon! I’m for sure going to make this for Thanksgiving! Recipe below!
What is panna cotta?
Panna cotta is an easy Italian dessert made with cream that is thickened with gelatin. It is easily flavored, often with ingredients like vanilla bean and coffee – in this case, pumpkin.
No Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Now, I love pumpkin pie as much as the next person, but pumpkin is not just for pie! This creamy dessert is the perfect pie alternative for your Thanksgiving table.
Pumpkin spice dessert
Pumpkin spice is unashamedly the fall flavor, and this dessert is no different. Made with pumpkin puree, whipping cream, and pumpkin pie spice, this is an indulgent dessert that’s packed full of creamy goodness.
How to make Pumpkin Panna Cotta – Step by Step
Pumpkin Pie Spice – We love our homemade version of pumpkin spice that you can make too
1 — In a heavy saucepan, pour in the milk.
2 — Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the milk.
3 — Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin; whisk.
4 — Whisk over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves, but the milk does not boil for about 5 minutes. Add the cream, pumpkin, honey, sugar, pumpkin pie seasoning, and salt.
5 — Stir until the sugar dissolves for 7 minutes, and it comes to a soft boil. Watch carefully as it will boil over.
6 — Remove from the heat.
7 — Pour into 6 glasses so that they are ½ full.
8 — Cool slightly. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.
Tips for Making Panna Cotta
- You can make panna cotta up to two days in advance of serving – just keep them covered in the fridge
- Use plain, unflavored gelatin
- Let the Panna cotta set for at least 2 hours before serving.
More pumpkin desserts that aren’t pie!
No Bake Pumpkin Dessert by Crazy for Crust
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy, and impressive fall dessert, this pumpkin panna cotta recipe is definitely it! Serve it up at your next get-together and watch as everyone raves about how amazing it is. Enjoy!
The Best Pumpkin Panna Cotta Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt
- In a heavy sauce pan, pour in the milk.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the top of the milk.
- Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin, whisk.
- Whisk over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes. Add the cream, pumpkin, honey, sugar, pumpkin pie seasoning and salt.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves 7 minutes and it comes to a soft boil. Watch carefully as it will boil over.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour into 6 glasses so that they are ½ full.
- Cool slightly. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.