In need of an angel food cake dessert? Try our mini strawberry angel food cake trifles! They’re great for the 4th of July! Make these red, white and blue trifles by using angel food cake mix with strawberries and blue Cool Whip, yum!
The fluffy texture and sweet taste of angel food cake goes perfectly with strawberries and whipped cream. The best part is that you can either use an angel food cake mix or buy a pre-made angel food cake at the store. Keeping this dessert extra simple for a busy holiday!
How to Make Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifles
Angel Food Cake Mix – Either buy a mix to easily bake or use an already made cake. They usually sell fresh baked angel food cakes near the berries in grocery stores.
Whipped Cream – Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream will work for this recipe.
Strawberries – Fresh, sliced strawberries.
Blue Food Coloring – A few drops of blue dye to create a festive red, white and blue dessert!
Slice the angel food cake into 1″ to 2″ cubes.
Right before serving, slice fresh strawberries and place in a bowl.
Add 4 drops of blue dye into 8 ounces whipped cream and stir.
To assemble, add a layer of blue whipped cream to the bottom, then place a layer of the cake over the top.
Add strawberries, another layer of blue whipped cream and a few more pieces of angel food cake.
Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream.
Tips for Making this Angel Food Cake Dessert
- You can make a large version of this dessert using a standard trifle dish.
- Prepare the ingredients ahead of time and store, then quickly assemble right before serving.
- Using an angel food cake mix or a store bought cake is fine. Save the time!
This is the perfect layered angel food cake dessert. It’s not too sweet and truly perfect for the 4th of July. We hope you enjoy it!
More Red, White and Blue Recipes You’ll Love
More Strawberry Recipes!
Let us know if you make these charming angel food cake trifles by leaving a comment and review below.
Mini Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle
- 14 ounces angel food cake
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- 5 drops blue food coloring
- Slice the angel food cake into 1″ to 2″ cubes.
- Right before serving, slice fresh strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Add 4 drops of blue food coloring into 8 ounces whipped cream and stir.
- To assemble, add a layer of blue whipped cream to the bottom, then place a layer of the cake over the top.
- Add strawberries, another layer of blue whipped cream and a few more pieces of angel food cake.
- Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream.