The best crispy, buttery homemade waffle recipe ever! Make the batter overnight and the next morning your waffle batter will be ready!
We’ve been making these brown butter overnight waffles for the past six years now and they never disappoint! I remember having them for the first time in a cabin in Tahoe with my family the day after Thanksgiving.
They were the best waffles I had ever had and the best homemade waffle recipe. We’ve been making them ever since. It’s a yeast waffle batter so the batter rises overnight, creating crispy, chewy waffles.
The brown butter adds so much flavor to the batter as well. If you’re making these for guests check out our waffle bar here. I also make them for Christmas too!
These waffles are made with yeast, but they won’t be super fluffy when they’re done. They’re light and airy, crispy on the outside with a buttery flavor.
Ingredients to Make this Waffle Recipe
You’ll need a waffle maker to make homemade waffles. We use this All-Clad one and really love it. You can use a round or square waffle maker.
You’ll need a small skillet to brown the butter.
A medium mixing bowl to allow the dough to rise overnight.
Follow the recipe below to make this waffle recipe. You will LOVE it!
How to Make a Waffle Bar
To create a waffle bar place fruit, butter, berries, syrup, chocolate and more on a table next to the waffle maker. Let everyone make their own waffles and top it with the yummiest toppings!
See our full post on how to make a waffle bar!
More Recipes You’ll Love
The Best Chorizo Quiche Recipe
A Simple Salad that Goes with Everything
Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar at Home
Spring Brunch with Girlfriends for a Good Cause!
Easy Semi-Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Let us know if you make these waffles by leaving a comment and review below!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts and parties!
BROWN BUTTER OVERNIGHT WAFFLES
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 pkg yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter browned and cooled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- Brown Butter over medium heat
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle yeast and two tablespoons sugar over the top if ½ cup warm water to let it dissolve for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the butter, flour, milk, vanilla, salt, and honey and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bowl and leave out room temp on the counter.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs and baking soda together until light and fluffy.
- Fold the eggs into the batter and you’re ready to make waffles!
- Pour about ½ cup, depending on the waffle maker, into a heated waffle maker and let them cook until timer beeps.
3 thoughts on “The Best Brown Butter Overnight Waffle Recipe”
Hey! When do you add the flour? I couldn’t find that in the instructions. Thanks
Updated! Add it in with the milk and eggs and let it sit overnight 🙂 Thank you!
these are fabulous!!!