My favorite cobbler is one with a buttery taste, more of a crumble texture to it and that’s not too sweet. This is an easy recipe that is a mix between a traditional cobbler and a berry crumble. It’s perfect for serving during the summer with large scoops of vanilla ice! We also paired it with Beringer Main & Vine’s White Merlot! Recipe below!
- 2½ cups self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons self rising flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Using a pie plate or a large tart dish (we used a 13” round, 2” high displace thoroughly washed berries on the bottom.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons lemon zest and mix with your hands to infuse the sugar with lemon. Add in the 3 tablespoons self rising flour and lightly mix.
- Evenly sprinkle the mixture over the blackberries. Set aside.
- To make the crumble combine flour, sugar and salt and lightly mix.
- Add in chunks of cold butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to blend into pea size crumble.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla together and add to the flour, continue mixing until the dough holds together, but still crumbles.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble on top of the blackberries until they’re all covered.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream and a glass of White Merlot.