An easy brown sugar cake with berries and creme Fraiche. It’s simple to make and a delicious, light dessert.
Brown Sugar Cake with Creme Fraiche
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is melted. Stir so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from he heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and the brown sugar/butter mixture and the vanilla.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 rimmed baking pan with cooking spray or rub butter on the bottom. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Put the cake in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. The cake will be a pretty golden brown. Do not over bake or you will have a dry cake!