A fresh cherry pie made from scratch with an easy, buttery pie curst! Use little hearts to make a charing top!
Cherry pie is one of my favorite pies! It’s a classic pie that brings back all the nostalgic feelings! This one has a thick buttery pie crust with a classic cherry pie filling… all homemade! A fresh cherry pie is the best cherry pie! It has the perfect amount of sweetness, made with fresh plump, juicy cherries!
When making a pie crust I always stick to my tried and true, no fail buttery, flaky crust. It just works for me every time and I don’t think it’s too difficult to make! A few tips with making pie crust, keep your ingredients cold and roll the dough on parchment paper, so you can just flip it over into the pie crust!
This cherry pie is made from scratch with fresh cherries, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, almond extract and a dash of salt!
Add the cherry pie filling into the homemade pie crust. Quick tip for the pie crust, once you have pressed it into the pan, put in the freezer while you cut out all of the hearts! A cold pie crust is the best for baking!
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is melted. Stir so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from he heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs and the brown sugar/butter mixture and the vanilla.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 rimmed baking pan with cooking spray or rub butter on the bottom. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Put the cake in a 375 degree preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes. The cake will be a pretty golden brown. Do not over bake or you will have a dry cake!