Sharing a fun twist on a classic old fashioned with this cotton candy Drink!
As we all know, presentation is important when wowing your guests and this cotton candy old fashioned will do just that!! We skipped the simple syrup and instead added a beautiful puff of orange cotton candy to the top of a classic old fashioned cocktail.
The cotton candy acts as the sweetener and melts as soon as you mix the cocktail. Since we wanted fresh cotton candy, we bought a tiny and very affordable little machine to make it with!
It brings out the best childhood memories and we’re happy we still get to enjoy it… in a much more sophisticated way! This uniquely classic drink will definitely be a hit with your guests.
Cotton Candy Maker
We ordered this one and I was pleasantly surprised to find it works like a champ and it’s completely worth the $25!
We also used this orange floss sugar to keep it easy and for the orange flavor in the old fashioned.
Old-Fashioned Cotton Candy Ingredients
The original Old-Fashioned cocktail was a simple drink, consisting of:
- Cotton Candy
- Orange garnish
The way it worked was simple. Take your glass, plop in the sugar cube, and then pour in your whiskey.
This drink is great for events or small gatherings. It’s a show stopping cocktail that will bring a smile to your guests!
If you want to keep SUPER easy you can also buy already made orange cotton candy and add a little over the top. It won’t be as fluffy as these but will have the same taste.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
Let us know if you make this old fashioned, cotton candy drink by leaving a comment and review below!
Cotton Candy Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
- Large round ice cube
- A puff of orange cotton candy
- In an old fashioned glass, add the bourbon, bitters and orange peel and gently muddle the orange to release the oils.
- Add a large round or square ice cube and a puff of orange cotton candy on the top!
- Stir the cotton candy in before drinking.
- To make the cotton candy, follow the directions on the machine. It’s super easy to do and once the machine is heated, you can make many puffs of cotton candy quickly. Enjoy Responsibly!