How to make an old fashioned cocktail at home! It’s easier than you think and only has a few ingredients!
This bourbon-based drink is classic because it dates back to the early
I can just picture people in the early 19th century, gathered around a fire, in a candlelit room on a cold night sipping on old fashioned’s. If you haven’t had one, try it! It’s a cozy, speakeasy cocktail and we’re excited to feature it in our classic cocktail series!
More Classic Cocktail Recipes
Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces good quality bourbon
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup melt ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water on a stove top to make simple syrup
- 1 large orange rind
- 2 dashes bitters we like Angostura Bitters
- 2 real maraschino cherries we prefer these!
- Add simple syrup, bourbon and two dashes bitters in a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain over a large ice cube in an old fashioned glass.
- Wipe the rim with the orange rind and add it to the drink.
- Garnish with two delicious cherries and enjoy!