A few weeks ago Zan and I attended an event for Tastemade, a new app that allows you to make really cool videos for restaurant reviews, etc. At the event, we had a delicious cocktail made with Pisco, which is a Peruvian white brandy made from grapes. The national drink in Peru is a Pisco Sour, so this Lilac Pisco cocktail is a little twist on that. It’s made with lemon juice, simple syrup, a few mint leaves, St-Germain Liqueur and of course a few fresh lilacs, which have a sour lemony taste to them. It’s easy to make and is so refreshing.
Flowers by White Fig Designs
Lilac Pisco Cocktail
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 1/2 of a lemon in chunks with the rinds on them
- 2 ounces pisco
- 1 ounce St-Germain Liqueur
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup, more or less depending on how sweet you like it
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lilac flowers, washed
- Combine the lemon chunks with the rinds, simple syrup, mint and lilac flowers in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Then add in the Pisco, lemon juice, St-Germain and ice.
- Shake for about 20 seconds. Then strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a few more lilacs. Enjoy!