An easy recipe for a refreshing and simple French spritz. This cocktail is made with just 3 ingredients and is perfect for spring and summer or even New Year’s Eve!
If you like Champagne and St. Germain this cocktail is for you! Both Champagne and St. Germain are made in France and compliment each other perfectly.
We envision sipping this cocktail outdoors on a warm evening. Furthermore, it’s perfect for a simple gathering like a baby shower, bridal shower or even for New Year’s Eve. It’s light and refreshing and great for many occasions.
St. Germain is a French liqueur that is made with elderflowers. It has floral notes as well as peach, grapefruit and pear. The natural, fresh flavor is the perfect addition to a cocktail.
As most know, true Champagne must come from the Champagne region in France. It’s the most famous variety of sparkling white wine and is produced in the northeast region of France.
However, there are many varieties of sparkling wine made around the world that are just as good. For this recipe, any sparkling wine will work, but if you want a true French spritz you must use Champagne from France.
How to Make a French Spritz
This cocktail couldn’t be easier to make!
- Champagne – A true Champagne from France
- St. Germain – Elderflower Liqueur.
- Water – To dilute and make it lighter.
Add the Champagne, St. Germain and water in a tall glass with ice. Next, garnish with a lavender sprig and a straw.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- How to Make a Bee’s Knees
- How to Make a Jungle Bird Cocktail
- Aperol Spritz Recipe
- Lemon Drop Martini
- 5 Best Gin and Tonic Recipes
- The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Classic Daiquiris
- Peachy Grapefruit Salty Dog Cocktail
- Yellow Grapefruit Margarita
Let us know if you make this French spritz by leaving a comment and review below!
This recipe is adapted from St. Germain.
- 3 ounces Champagne, or sparkling white wine
- 1 ounce St. Germain
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- Add all of the ingredients into a tall Champgne coupe or class filled with ice.