We’re showing you how to make a Paloma cocktail! A Paloma is a traditional drink in Mexico with the main ingredients being grapefruit and of course, tequila!
Although it’s not exactly known when the Paloma was created, it’s speculated that refreshing summery drink is from the 1800’s! It’s so easy to make and refreshing. I love shaking it with ice so it’s gold and frothy when served.
How to Make a Paloma
There are a few ways to make a classic Paloma recipe, but our favorite way is using a little grapefruit soda and grapefruit juice, along with lime and tequila. And we couldn’t resist adding a little charm, so we garnished our Paloma with a flower!
You can also add a dash of mezcal in a Paloma to give it a smoky flavor.
Also, rim the glass with a little sugar or salt if you prefer! Here’s a guide to rimming a cocktail glass.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- A Simple Havana Cocktail
- A Refreshing Fig Sidecar
- Lingonberry Aperol Spritz
- Sparkling Grapefruit Cocktail
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 Wedge lime juice
- 3 ounces Sparkling grapefruit soda, top off with grapefruit soda, around 3 ounces
- Add the tequila, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and juice of one lime wedge in a glass.
- Fill with ice to the top and then top off with sparkling grapefruit soda.