Rich and moist chocolate Mexican brownies with a spicy kick and topped with powdered sugar! These are the best Mexican brownies!
Mexican chocolate is a mix of cayenne pepper, chili and cinnamon with cocoa and the flavor combo is marvelous! So when our good friend Todd was planning his Mexican fiesta birthday bash he asked me to come up with some delicious desserts… and flowers too!
I wanted to stay within the theme so I made some Mexican chocolate brownies along with a few other Mexican-inspired treats. The brownies were such a hit! I was getting emails the next day for the recipe.
I guess the combo of rich chocolate with the perfect amount of sweet and spicy had people hooked. They’re incredibly moist and super chocolatey, just like a brownie should be! I adapted and altered this recipe and I’m so happy I tried it out! One thing I love about this recipe is that it’s just a pot, bowl and wooden spoon.
No mixer or mixing bowl, which is kind of nice sometimes! I highly recommend these, especially if you’re throwing a Mexican fiesta or dinner party!
Let us know if you make these Mexican brownies by leaving a comment and review below!
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Recipe adapted from Aaron Sanchez’s Mexican Chocolate Brownies.
Mexican Chocolate Brownies
- 2 sticks, 1 cup salted butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ounce 70% chocolate, chopped, 60-70% works
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter on low heat. Remove from heat and add the sugar and chopped chocolate.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Fold in and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chili powder, baking powder and a pinch salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sauce pan and fold in until combined. I like to add the flour in two parts, half and half.
- Stir until semi-smooth and pour into a 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes… do NOT over bake! That is my biggest advice! The center should still be a little gooey when you take it out. Enjoy these delicioso Mexican chocolate brownies!!