We’re smitten with these origami Christmas trees!! A festive and creative Christmas craft that you can use to decorate with for the holidays. Below is our step-by-step guide with photos and a link to a DIY video!
This origami Christmas tree is a must-have addition to your go-to Christmas decorations list every year!
They look super charming on a shelf, and you can make a garland from them or tie them to a present. And, all you need is a piece of paper and some scissors. Super easy.
How To Make a DIY Origami Christmas Trees
Table of Contents
Letter-sized paper in shades of green, blue, and white.
Tip – you can buy large square sheets of paper to make the big trees.
1 — Fold the top corner of the paper to align with the opposing side of the paper.
2 — Cut the bottom of the paper off so that you are left with a square of paper folded into a triangle.
3 — Fold that in half into a smaller triangle.
4 — Open the triangles and fold them down to create a square x 2
5 — Open the sides of the squares to create a tall triangle x 4
6 — Trim off the bottom triangle.
7 — Cut 3 rows on each side, spaced evenly.
8 — Fold down the bottom three flaps
Here’s a great video showing how to make an origami Christmas tree as well.
For the larger paper, we cut 4 rows on each side to create one more tier of the tree.
Are you ready to get crafty? This origami Christmas tree are simple and charming and will add festive fun to your decor this season.
You can use this setting to wow your guests and provide the perfect ambiance for good times and great conversation at your Christmas table!
You can add freshness to your holiday decor by pairing it with this modern wreath garland.
Follow our easy step-by-step guide below, or watch the video link for a visual tutorial, and have yourself a merry little crafting session!
More DIY Holiday Projects You’ll Love!
- A Charming Way to Give a Gift!
- DIY Pipe Cleaning Coasters
- Homemade Marbled Ornaments
- DIY Handwoven Willow Wreath
DIY Origami Christmas Tree
- Letter-sized paper, green, blues and white
- Fold top corner of the paper to align with the opposing side of the paper.
- Cut the bottom of the paper off so that you are left with a square paper folded into a triangle.
- Fold that in half into a smaller triangle.
- Open the triangles and fold down to create a square x 2
- Open the sides of the squares to create a tall triangle x 4
- Trim off the bottom triangle.
- Cut 3 rows on each side, spaced evenly.
- Fold down the bottom three flaps