Our pumpkin pie spice recipe is super easy to make using just 5 ingredients. This blend of spices is used in many fall recipes like pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie and pumpkin pancakes. It’s versatile and we like to add a pinch of cardamom too! Perfect for any pumpkin spice recipes!
If you love fall spices and desserts as much as we do, you’ll love these delicious fall desserts!
This is the best fall spice and smells so good! It’s versatile and can be used in many recipes. We even like to sprinkle it over our morning coffee. This recipe makes about 7 teaspoons, but you can easily double or triple it to make more. Furthermore, it makes a wonderful gift for the holidays too.
What is in Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin pie spice is made from 5 spices. These spices together create a delicious blend that is full of flavor and fragrances to use in recipes. Here are the 5 main ingredients in this spice:
- Cinnamon – A spice that comes from the branches of trees. It’s been used since Ancient Egypt times and it’s also commonly used in fall and winter dishes.
- Cloves – The aromatic flower buds of a tree in the myrtle family. It’s used as a spice and can even have a numbing effect.
- Ginger – The root of a flowering plant. It has a spicy flavor to it.
- Nutmeg – A seed that comes from a tropical evergreen tree called Myristica fragrans.
- Allspice – Is the berry from the Pimenta dioica tree, that is dried and made into allspice.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Our pumpkin pie spice recipe is a mix of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg and ground allspice. It makes the perfect spice blend for fall recipes. This spice typically has a shelf life of one year.
- Measure out the ground spices into a small mixing bowl.
- Next, give them a good stir to combine.
- Then, store in a sealed container, like a glass jar with a lid.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe with Cardamom
Cardamom is one of our favorite fall spices. We use it in our apple cider doughnuts and our crumb cake. If you prefer, you can add 1/4 tsp cardamom to your spice mixture.
More Fall Recipes You’ll Love
If you love baking and fall cocktails as much as we do, check out some of our favorite recipes!
Easy Apple and Ginger Cocktail
If you make this spice leave a comment and review below. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious recipes, cocktails, desserts, and parties!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Measure out each ground spice into a small mixing bowl.
- Stir to blend, then store in a sealed container.