When we go to Paradise Cove, I’m always tempted to order the pineapple mojito because they serve it in a pineapple cup and it makes me feel as if I’m on a tropical vacation. This past week I had a lonely pineapple staring at me for a few days and I was inspired by the ones we sip by the beach at the Cove. So, similar to carving a pumpkin, I carved out the middle of the pineapple and pureed it in a blender leaving the shell for a cup. The carving part can be a little messy and you may or may not end up with some pineapple splashes on your face! I then whipped up a very refreshing, no sugar added (so it’s not too sweet), toasted coconut pineapple cocktail! I’m loving this cocktail and it’s a total crowd pleaser! Really, who doesn’t like drinking a coconut pineapple cocktail out of a pineapple cup?! I felt pretty relaxed sitting in my backyard sipping this… all I was missing was the sand. Try it!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for the rim (I toasted it in the oven for a few minutes until golden brown)
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
- 1 1/4 oz dark rum
- 1/2 cup pureed pineapple (puree the pineapple you carved out of the middle)
- Shake all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice for 20 seconds.
- Then strain into the pineapple filled with ice.
- Garnish the edge of the pineapple with the toasted coconut.
- The best way to remove the middle is to cut a circle in the middle, leaving about 1/2 inch rim around the sides.
- Then cut the middle part diagonally and carve it out.