If you love Christmas cookie decorating, here are 10 charming ways! There is definitely an art to decorating sugar cookies. but once you’ve mastered it you master the below ideas! Let the baking begin!
Tips for Making Christmas Cookies
There’s a large variety of unique Christmas cookies you can make during the holiday season. From shortbread cookies to sugar cookies to fun cookies like our Roly-Poly Santa Cookies! Here are some tips when making Christmas cookies!
- When making sugar cookies, consistency of the frosting has to be just right so it’s not too thick or too runny. This is our favorite recipe for royal icing. I always use meringue powder to make it.
- Have different sized frosting tips to frost cookies.
- Stock up on fun holiday sprinkles and dyes to color cookies.
- Choose 3 different types of cookies to make.
Ideas for Christmas Cookie Decorating
These ideas are all adorable and would be stunning for a cookie exchange party!
I adore these Reindeer Sugar Cookies with a tiny red nose! They have a whimsical look to them and they’re so charming.
What a presentation these Poinsettia cookies make! Imagine an entire cookie table with these? They’re a holiday cookie but without a character.
These are our Charming Snowflakes cookies. We use a royal icing that always works. These were fun to make too.
I couldn’t get over how fun these are! A stacked cookie also makes a stunning centerpiece. Check out a tutorial for these on Martha Stewart Gingerbread Snowing Trees
These scream CHARM! Adore these little Peanut-butter Snowman Cutout Cookies. I might eat them all!
These Funny Little Elf Cookies are too cute for a kids holiday party. I love their little red cheeks.
Always love a Classic Green and Red Wreath cookie. These are beautiful and pretty to bring to a cookie exchange party.
Donuts are acceptable all year long! I adore how they made these Gingerbread Donut Cookies perfect for Christmas!
How awesome are these Santa Macarons!? Macaroons can be tricky to make though, so do your research before trying these!
Always need a classic Christmas cookie in the mix. How sweet are these Charming Mittens and little gingerbread man?
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie decorating tip or idea?
Tell us in the comments below!
More Christmas Cookies You’ll Love
- Gingerbread Cookies
- A Guide to Making Christmas Cookies
- The Best Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Biscotti Recipe with Cranberries
- The Best Chew Ginger Cookies
- Sugar Free Cutout Cookies
- Roly Poly Santa Cookies
- Italian Rainbow Cookies – Always a holiday favorite!
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Cookies
Also check out the Best Christmas Cocktails to Make! A cocktail and dessert pairing is always festive.
Let us know if you make any of these Christmas cookies and which ones in the comments below! We’d love to know!