I made this amazing Algonquin Bar punch for Thanksgiving and I’m just getting around to posting it! It’s a classic recipe from the Algonquin Hotel in Manhattan. I adapted the recipe from the Bon Appétit Holiday Entertaining magazine and it was a huge hit at our Thanksgiving feast. It’s not weak, as there are three types of liquor in it, but the taste is perfect and not overbearing at all. The lemon peel and raspberries make it fruity and refreshing. It’s really a great recipe for any occasion and I’ll be making it often!
Algonquin Bar Punch
- Peel from 4 lemons. Remove them in strips with a vegetable peeler.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup Plymouth Sole Gin
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups dark Jamaican rum
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne
- 6 cups ice cubes
- 1 ice block, or more ice cubes
- Place lemon peels in a large bowl. Add the sugar and muddle together to infuse sugar with the lemon. Add 1 1/4 cup raspberries and mash to blend. Pour in the gin, lemon juice and rum. Add in 6 cups ice cubes and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour the punch over an ice block in a punch bowl and add in 1 bottle of Champagne. You can also strain the punch if you want to remove the lemon peels. I liked them in the punch so I left them. Enjoy and let me know what you think!