A vanilla cupcake, made with Flourish Flour and topped with a peppermint buttercream frosting and crushed candy canes!
’Tis the season for peppermint cupcakes! We made these super delicious, vanilla candy cane cupcakes that are the perfect treat for the holidays. A classic vanilla cupcake, made with Flourish Flour and topped with peppermint buttercream, and crushed candy canes.
Since we consume quite a bit of sweets around the holiday, we wanted to share another option for making better-for-you treats!
These candy cane cupcakes are made with Flourish Flour, the first all-purpose wheat flour that’s naturally high in fiber to support good digestive and immune health. How, you ask? 70% of our immune system actually lives in our gut – and Flourish Flour is also a source of resistant starch, which helps to feed the good bacteria in your gut and nurture your digestive system!
And it bakes and tastes just like traditional flour. You can use Flourish Flour as a direct replacement for all-purpose flour when baking. Read more about this flour on their site, www.flourish-flour.com
Table of Contents
One tip that will help when using Flourish Flour is to add a little more liquid. We already did it in the recipe below, but if you’re replacing all-purpose flour with Flourish Flour in your favorite recipe, add in a little extra liquid that the recipe already calls for, like buttermilk, milk or oil.
If you try Flourish, we’d love to know what you think! Also, leave a comment and review below if you make these delicious candy cane cupcakes!
More Desserts You’ll Love!
Candy Cane Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter, room temp.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups Flourish Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter , room temp
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tso peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- To make the cupcakes, combine Flourish Flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and beat.
- Next, add in the vanilla extract.
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the buttermilk and oil.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture, alternating with the liquids.
- Mix just until combined.
- Scoop the batter into a lined cupcake tin, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15 minutes – more or less depending on true oven temperature, location, and altitude.
- Let the cupcakes cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the peppermint extract and milk and continue to beat until you get a perfect buttercream consistency.
- Add more milk if you need a smoother or creamier texture.
- To make the red stripe, take a paintbrush and paint a line inside of a piping bag. It doesn’t have to be perfect, nor does it even have to fully stick to the bag (although gel coloring works best) then carefully fill the piping bag with frosting.
- Cut a hole on the bottom of the bag and pipe on the buttercream frosting.
- Add crushed candy canes over the top of the cupcakes and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by Flourish Flour.