This chai tea cold brew recipe is so smooth and refreshing, plus it’s so easy to make! IT can chill in the fridge overnight for a deeper brew – delicious!
Some of you might be familiar with what is considered dirty Chai tea. It’s a Chai tea mixed with coffee and a little creamer. It sounds interesting, right? It’s actually really refreshing and the Chai spices are so good blended with the coffee.
We gave the Dirty Chai our own twist and created Chai Tea Cold Brew Recipe which is smooth and just perfectly sweetened.
As you all know by now, Dunkin’ Donuts new Cold Brew is a staple in our house. It’s incredibly easy to use and you can brew it in the refrigerator overnight! So try out this Chai Tea Cold brew if you want something refreshingly unique and delicious.
How To Make This Chai Tea Cold Brew Recipe – Step By Step
- Prepare Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew. You can add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to it while it steeps in the refrigerator for extra spice.
- Combine chai tea, cream and coffee in a glass with ice and stir.
- I also like to add it in a shaker and shake with ice for an extra frothy cold brew!
Cold Brew Vs Iced Coffee
Cold Brew recipes are made without heat, which creates lower acidity for a smoother, naturally sweet taste. Iced Coffee is brewed double strength then cooled, which creates a refreshing, lighter body.
Iced coffee is brewed hot and served cold. You chill hot coffee either by pouring it over ice, or refrigerating it for a few hours before serving. There are drawbacks to both methods, unfortunately. The former dilutes your brew quite a bit, and hours-old coffee is never going to taste super fresh.
Cold-brew coffee, however, is made by steeping coarsely ground coffee beans in room-temperature water for six to 12 hours. This creates a coffee concentrate you mix with cold water or milk.
Cold-brew devotees say it tastes smoother than typical iced coffee, and those who are sensitive to acid believe it is easier-drinking than hot coffee. According to some estimates, cold-brewed coffee is 67 percent less acidic than hot-brewed.
What Chai Tea?
Chai is steeped in a rich history. The name “chai” is actually the Hindi word for “tea”, which was derived from “cha”, the Chinese word for “tea”. In this case, the Hindi term chai means a mix of spices steeped into a tea-like beverage.
Recipes for chai vary across continents, cultures, towns, and families. But the traditional ingredients of a spiced tea blend usually include black tea mixed with strong spices, like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and black peppercorns.
The huge variation of chai recipes means the beverage can take on many different flavor directions depending on the ingredients used. Chai that’s heavy on the ginger and black peppercorns can leave a fire-y bite.
Others containing more vanilla, cinnamon or nutmeg may leave behind a sweeter note. Those with saffron or cacao may impart some earthy bitterness. And those using fennel or cumin may have a more savory note.
This cold brew recipe has a sweet and subtle spiced flavor, a perfect balance of spice, sweetness and freshness!
This Chai Tea Cold Brew Coffee Recipe Is So Easy To Make!
Something so flavorful, smooth and refreshing and less than 5 minutes to make? Yes, please! This cold brew coffee recipe is perfect for entertaining, as you can whip up a big batch too.
Let it steep in the fridge to allow the spices to deepen the flavor further.
Top Tips For This Chai Tea Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- Pick a chai tea you like the taste of.
- Let the coffee and tea steep for a few hours in the fridge, with the spices, for a deeper flavor.
- Use a cocktail shaker to froth up the drink!
- Serve in a copper mug, for extra chill and garnish with a stick of cinnamon.
Check Out These Other Refreshing Drink Recipes
Picnic Pink Lemonade by Smitten Kitchen
Homemade Caramel Vanilla Iced Coffee by Food Faith and Fitness
If you have tried this chai tea cold brew coffee recipe please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious, healthy, family-friendly food!
CHAI TEA COLD BREW
- 1 cup Chai tea, Oregon Chai in the purple box is great!
- 1/2 cup Cold Brew Coffee, Brew with cinnamon sticks for extra spice!
- Dash Cream and Cinnamon
- Prepare Dunkin’ Donuts Cold Brew. You can add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to it while it steeps in the refrigerator for extra spice. Combine chai tea, cream and coffee in a glass with ice and stir. I also like to add it in a shaker and shake with ice for an extra frothy cold brew!