We all know ice cream floats and how nostalgic they are, but have you ever had a cold brew coffee float?! This float is the adult version of the classic ice cream float you may have warm memories about, but with COFFEE!
Coffee and ice cream make up one of my favorite flavor combinations and one I will never get tired of. I’m all about coffee milkshakes, affogatos, and now cold brew coffee floats.
Coffee Float Ingredients
For these sweet treats you’ll need two ingredients:
Chocolate Ice Cream – You can use any flavor of ice cream that you like. We chose chocolate for this recipe.
Cold Brew Coffee – Make your own cold brew or buy premade which you can find at the grocery store.
Sparkling Water – We use a dash of water to add some bubbles to the float.
How to Make Easy Cold Brew Coffee
This coffee dessert is so good and uses only 3 ingredients!
Add two scoops of ice cream into a small glass.
Next, pour cold brew coffee over the ice cream.
Add a dash of club soda to the mixture to give it a tiny fizz.
How to Make a Chocolate Rim
To make the chocolate rim, melt milk chocolate morsels and then dipped the rim of each glass into the melted chocolate.
Then place them in the freezer and let the chocolate harden and the glass got extra cold for the coffee floats.
Tips for Making Cold Brew Coffee Floats
For an easy cold brew to make at home try Dunkin’ Donuts cold brew. It’s the best cold brew, incredibly easy to make, and of course, tastes delicious over chocolate ice cream.
Use any flavor ice cream you like. Cookies and cream or coffee ice cream would taste really good.
When to Serve Coffee Floats
These coffee floats are great year-round! An easy dessert that is simple to serve on any of these occasions:
Another idea is to make a boozy ice cream tray and serve them on there!
More Unique Coffee Recipes You’ll Love
Let us know if you make these super simple coffee floats by leaving a comment and review below!
COLD BREW COFFEE FLOATS
- 3 scoops chocolate ice cream , you can also use vanilla ice cream or coffee ice cream too.
- 6 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 ounce club soda, just a splash
- 2 ounces milk chocolate chips , Melted milk chocolate chip morsels for the rim and to add to the top of the whipped cream
- Make Dunkin’ Donuts easy and delicious cold brew coffee by following the directions on the box.
- Melt ½ bag of milk chocolate morsels in a bowl in the microwave to dip the rims of the glasses in.
- Place each glass in the freezer until the chocolate hardens and the glass is chilled.
- Add in 3 scoops of chocolate ice cream and pour cold brew over the top.
- Add in a splash of club soda for a fizz and then drizzle chocolate sauce over it the float.
© The J.M. Smucker Company. © 2017. DD IP Holder LLC (as to Dunkin’ Donuts and all other trademarks, logos and trade dress of DD IP Holder LLC) used under license.