If your hosting a holiday brunch or dinner, put together an Illy coffee espresso bar! It’s a charming idea for brunch or after dinner treat. We’re sharing all the tips for making it special with flowers and special espresso cups!
If there’s one thing I look forward to every morning, it’s my homemade latté using illy espresso! We drink them religiously in our house! I’ve been using the ground espresso in the silver tin for years and love that it’s served all over the world.
When we were in Italy, most of the cafes were using illy to make the rich and creamy espresso shots we had! It’s the only coffee we drink every morning. We are huge fans of Illy and their products are charming so it was perfect for a holiday espresso bar.
Illy Espresso Machine
Table of Contents
Since we’re such huge fans, we couldn’t wait to try their X9 iperEspresso machine. It’s a super slim, sleek espresso machine that’s incredibly easy to use with illy espresso capsules.
Holiday Espresso Bar with Illy Coffee
We set up a holiday espresso bar that’s perfect for entertaining. It makes entertaining even easier for the host and it’s something fun for your family and friends. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Illy Espresso Machine
- Variety of Espresso Capsules
- Milk and Cream
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Cocoa Powder
- Mini Candy Canes
- Caramel Sauce
Just pop in a capsule and press just one button depending on a single or double shot. The espresso featured in the different capsules ranges from a Guatemalan blend to even an Ethiopian espresso.
We served the espresso in signature illy espresso cups as well as the Yoko Ono artisan cups. You can purchase any simple espresso cups to use for your coffee bar.
Holiday Decorations for the Espresso Bar
- Add flowers, and a beautiful wreath to decorate with.
- Fill glass jars with candy canes and espresso pods.
- Serve gingerbread men and scones with Illy coffee.
Check our Illy’s site for more delicious coffee recipes to make for the holidays.
More Holiday Ideas You’ll Love
Hope this inspires you to set up an Illy espresso bar and celebrate the holidays with charm!
Melting Snow Coffee Drink
- 1 shot Illy Espresso
- 2 tsp liquid cane sugar
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Prepare the espresso in a small cup or pour pitcher.
- In a frothing pitcher, combine the liquid sugar, whole milk and approx 1/16 oz (3 g) of cocoa powder; heat it with the steam wand of your espressomachine, being sure to keep the wand near the surface
- Add the espresso to the heated mixture and combine, moving the frothing pitcher with a circular movement. Pour into the glass.
- Foam the skim milk in a clean frothing pitcher using the steam wand, and add it to the mixture in the glass.
- Decorate with a light dusting of cocoa powder, and serve.