Savory and easy coconut rice! This recipe is full of buttery, coconut flavor and cooked in a slow cooker making it so easy! Truly our favorite coconut rice recipe ever!!
When we hosted a tropical summer kick-off party, we wanted a menu with tropical flavors. We made pineapple chicken skewers and this coconut rice which was the perfect side dish!
The rice did not disappoint! My guests devoured it and it was gone within the first hour! We had even made a triple batch. The flavors in this rice are so incredibly tasty, it’s hard to have one serving.
The buttery flavor with the coconut and lime juice complement each other perfectly. It’s melt in your mouth goodness!
Easy Coconut Rice Ingredients
- Jasmine Rice
- Lime Juice + Zest
- Canned Coconut Milk
How to Make Coconut Rice
The best part about this savory and easy coconut rice is that it’s cooked to perfection in a slow cooker.
All you have to do is rinse the rice and add the ingredients into the cooker with water and leave it on high for 30 mins to 1 hour until the rice is fully cooked.
Should you rinse the rice?
Rinsing the rice will help it not clump together. It’s an extra step, but you can use a strainer and just quickly give it a wash by letting the faucet water pour over the top of the rice and drain out the bottom of a sieve.
However, If you don’t have a sieve, the rice will still be okay if you don’t rinse. You will get the same flavor.
The rice soaks in all of the flavors and has a creamy consistency when it’s cooked. It’s warm and savory and perfect with fish or chicken.
Variations for Coconut Rice
Once the rice is cooked, add in more flavors and make coconut rice bowls. Here is a list below of some
- Sliced Mango
- Cooked Chicken
More Recipes you’ll Love!
Easy Coconut Rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups jasmine rice , rinsed
- 5 tbsp butter
- 13.5 ounces canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 large scallions, sliced 1" thick, save about 1/4 cup to ganrish the top of the rice after it's cooked.
- In a large sieve, quickly rinse the rice then add it to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cook the rice on high for 30 mins to 1 hour. Check the rice after 30 minutes and see if it's fluffy and fully cooked.
- Serve the rice in a large bowl and add more scallions over the top.