This recipe is the best slow cooker chili recipe! It’s made with so many spices, and even a little wine, giving it a rich and very flavorful taste!
Starting in September, my slow cooker pretty much lives on my kitchen counter. I love the ease of prepping everything in the morning and then having it cook all day.
The aromas that fill the house are as good as it gets! Chili is one of the recipes we make all season long. This recipe is rich in flavor with six different spices, garlic, onions, wine, and Worcestershire sauce.
It’s a great alternative to the usual ham and sides on Christmas eve meal, plus it’s healthy!
I use my All-Clad Slow Cooker, which is great for making large batches when entertaining. It may be the most beautiful and charming slow cooker out there too.
Six delicious spices and three varieties of tomatoes go into this chili recipe. It’s so good!!
For the toppings, add sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped red onions.
Also, try our meatball appetizers too!
How To Make The Best Slow Cooker Chili Recipe – Step By Step
- Ground Beef, Grass Fed, Organic
- Chopped Yellow Onion
- Garlic Minced
- Tomatoes, Not Quite 2 Cans, Like 1 1/2 Cans
- Tomato Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Kidney Beans, Rinsed And Drained
- Beef Broth
- Red Wine
- Saute onions and garlic in a saucepan until the onions are translucent. Add to the slow cooker.
- In the same saucepan, brown beef in 1 cup water. Save the juice! Place beef and juice in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
The Benefits Of Using A Slow Cooker
Here are some benefits of slow cookers:
- The extended cooking times allow better distribution of flavors in many recipes.
- The lower temperatures lessen the chance of scorching foods that tend to stick to the bottom of a pan or burn in an oven.
- Less expensive or tough meats, such as chuck steaks, roast, and less-lean stewing beef, are tenderized through the long cooking process. The slow cooker is an excellent choice for cooking many venison dishes.
- The slow cooker frees your oven and stovetop for other uses, and it is a splendid choice for large gatherings or holiday meals.
- There’s no need to scrub several pots and pans. In most cases, you’ll only have to wash the slow cooker and maybe a few prep utensils.
- Slow cookers use less energy than a standard electric oven.
- The slow cooker won’t heat the kitchen up the way a large oven will, which is a real plus on a hot summer day.
Health Benefits Of Kidney Beans
The Best Slow cooker Chili recipe is packed with kidney beans. They add a great texture and are full of health benefits. Here are a few!
- Lowers cholesterol. The high content of complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber in kidney beans lowers cholesterol levels in the blood. …
- Good for diabetics.
- Improves memory.
- Boosts energy.
- Anti-oxidative properties.
- A powerhouse of proteins.
- Natural detoxifier.
- Prevents hypertension.
The Best Slow Cooker Chili Recipe Is Also So Easy To Make!
Ok, so slow cooker meals are pretty well known for their simplicity and ease, but the best slow cooker chili recipe is so rich and full of flavor you’ll be amazed that it takes so little to make so much tastiness!
Prep time is ten minutes, tops, then pop it all in the slow cooker – done!
What To Serve with Slow Cooker Chili
There are so many delicious things you can serve with your chili! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Baked potatoes
- Fritos or tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions or chives
The best part about chili is that it’s pretty much a one-pot meal. So once you’ve got your chili simmering away in the slow cooker, all you have to do is prep whatever sides you want to serve with it. Set everything out on the table and let everyone help themselves.
Add this h2 – How To Store Left Over Slow Cooker Chili.
Chili is one of those meals that actually tastes even better the next day. So if you have leftovers, definitely save them! Just transfer the chili to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze chili. Just let it cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container. It will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months.
When you’re ready to eat it, just thaw it overnight in the fridge, then reheat it on the stove over low heat until warm.
Tips For The Best Slow Chili Recipe
- Make sure your kidney beans are rinsed and drained.
- Preheat the slow cooker.
- Always taste test and add in more salt or seasoning if needed.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and chopped red onions.
Check Out These Other Delicious Dinner Recipes
If you have tried the Best Slow Cooker Chili recipe, then please rate it and let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Slow Cooker Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef , grass fed, organic
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes , not quite 2 cans, like 1 1/2 cans
- 15 ounce tomato sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 48 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
- Saute onions and garlic in a sauce pan until onions are translucent. Add to the slow cooker.
- In the same sauce pan, brown beef in 1 cup water, save juice! Place beef and juice in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.