We have been making these french toast puffs for years! Perfectly, puffy fried puffs that are soft in the middle and crunch on the outside. Truly one of our favorites!
These are called french toast puffs and they’re the most delicious version of french toast ever! A crispy and crunchy outside with a soft, almost doughy like, puff inside. Seriously amazing! See below the pics for the recipe.
I’ve been contemplating starting a “Sweet Mornings” Monday breakfast series on Sugar and Charm, featuring some really tasty breakfast recipes. Maybe it could be bi-monthly. I’m a big fan of brunch and sometimes I even eat breakfast for dinner, ha!
I think it’s safe to say that it’s my favorite meal of the day. I also want to experiment with recipes because I need to build up a good list of weekend breakfast options for when my little boy can eat! What do you all think?
More Recipes You’ll Love
Let us know if you make these french toast puffs by leaving a comment and review below!
- 1 loaf french bread
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil, or more if needed
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cut the french bread roll into 1-2″ cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla paste.
- Add the bread cubes into the bowl with the egg mixture and move them around until they’ve all been coated. Let them soak for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, place the cubes in the pan.
- Turn them often so they don’t burn on one side.
- Once they become a dark golden brown, remove them. Add butter, syrup and powdered sugar to the top. Enjoy