This sausage and peppers recipe is great eaten alone or served with a bowl of hot white rice. The peppers and sausage are seasoned with a red wine sauce. It’s so easy to make and only uses one sheet pan! How much do we love sheet pan meals?
We make this meal a few times a month. It’s simple to make and easy to clean up. My kids love it with rice too!
What goes with peppers and sausage?
Although this it is great on its own, you can serve it with white or brown rice, potatoes, pasta or even a roll! It would also be delicious with a side salad too.
How to Make
Sausauge and Peppers
The best part about this meal is that it’s all cooked on one sheet pan! It all cooks together on one sheet making it so easy and simple to do. The perfect weeknight meal.
- Slice the peppers and onions. Remove the seeds and the middle from the peppers and discard.
- Mince or halve garlic cloves. Do this depending on how you like it.
- Lay the sausage over the peppers on a sheet pan. If the sausage has casing, remove it.
- Make the quick wine sauce and pour over the sausage and peppers.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-35 minutes.
- You can make rice or pasta while it’s baking.
How do you slice a sausage?
Slice the cooked sausage at a 45-degree angle. Use a fork and knife or tongs and a knife to easily slice the sausage.
Place the sliced sausage and peppers on a large platter to serve for dinner.
It’s fantastic with a bowl of warm rice and a glass of red wine. One of my favorite and super easy weekday meals. Even my kids will eat this!
More Easy Everyday Recipes
- Vegetable Cous Cous Salad
- One Pan Fettuccine with Prosciutto
- One Pan Basil and Tomato Pasta
- Easy One-Pot Parmesan
If you make the Sausage and Peppers , let us know by leaving a comment and review! We love to hear your thoughts.
Sausage and Peppers
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 sweet onion , sliced thinly
- 6 whole garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 green pepper , sliced thinly
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all of the sliced ingredients on a sheet pan with the sausage laid over the top of the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the wine dressing ingredients together.
- After, 20 minutes pour the wine sauce over the sausage and peppers.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Slice the sausage on a cutting baord, then place the cooked peppers and sliced sausage on a platter to serve.